• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Intro- new to group. G sleeve done I week ago. 9/16/2019

2BfitNfab

- sleeve done on 9/16/2019. I feel great! Looking for ideas to start my new food and fitness routine.
So many questions. After the first 6 weeks....is there a recommended meal plan or schedule?
Should I take my vitamin in the morn or night?
I can walk about 1 mile. But I am pooped at the end. And need a nap. Is this normal. .
I have lost 10 lbs since surgery. Is this too much to little in one weeks time.
I Have taken a full 6 weeks off to develop a new routine before returning to a high stress, mostly sedentary job. How have others prepared?
I am so glad to have found a group of people who have been through this.

Last edited:
- sleeve done on 9/16/2019. I feel great! Looking for ideas to start my new food and fitness routine.
So many questions. After the first 6 weeks....is there a recommended meal plan or schedule?
Should I take my vitamin in the morn or night?
I can walk about 1 mile. But I am pooped at the end. And need a nap. Is this normal. .
I have lost 10 lbs since surgery. Is this too much to little in one weeks time.
I Have taken a full 6 weeks off to develop a new routine before returning to a high stress, mostly sedentary job. How have others prepared?
I am so glad to have found a group of people who have been through this.
Congratulations on a successful surgery! I'm glad you're feeling great. :) I'll take a shot at your questions:

Once on solid foods (and for the rest of my life), my nutritionist pushed lots of protein and low carbs. 3 small meals a day and healthy snacks like fruit and veggies. I'm 6 months out and still do 1 protein shake a day as a meal to ensure that I'm getting enough protein.

I take my vitamin 4 times a day so I take mine all day long. Before surgery, I always took my vitamin in the morning.

Yes, the first month, I needed naps every day. Your body is using a lot of energy healing so it makes since that you're feeling beat.

Everyone looses at a different pace, 10 pounds is great! Congrats. You're right on track with your own body. ;)

I also have a high stress sedentary job. One that also caters to recruiting college-age interns so there is free junk food all over the place, no exaggeration. I have learned to ignore the food. And have purchased an under desk peddler. So I can burn some calories as I work. I also try to meditate every morning for work to help me deal with the stress. If that interests you at all, trying to get a routine going while you have this time off work could help.

Welcome to the group! We look forward to hearing more from you. :)

Thank you For your reply. This is very helpful information. I am really hoping to develop some routine/schedule before I start back to work. I am so grateful that I found this site. I do have a nutritionist, and an option to participate in groups. But feel felt that a more diverse forum would meet my needs. To my first reply ever, brenda2010, I am not disappointed. Thank you again !

I have not had my surgery yet (October 9th) but I use a stand up desk at work. It sits on my desktop and when I want to stand up I push a lever. I think they are around $200-$300. I had a doctors note so the company had to pay for it. This was several years ago. Now they are getting them for people who ask for them.

I have not had my surgery yet (October 9th) but I use a stand up desk at work. It sits on my desktop and when I want to stand up I push a lever. I think they are around $200-$300. I had a doctors note so the company had to pay for it. This was several years ago. Now they are getting them for people who ask for them.
Trend setter. ;)

Back