• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Liquid diet

I feel like it is a bit of a tricky situation. In my mind, it did get better! But I don't know if it was necessarily better or I just adjusted to it after a few days. It is hard and with your stomach grumbling and reminding you that you are not feeding it, it just makes you miserable. Hang in there! Remember what the ultimate goal of this is and push through. In less than two weeks, you will not feel the hunger you are experiencing now. I know this is all to help reduce the size of you liver to make the surgery easier, but I almost wonder if it is used as a mental push as well. You won't feel hunger this bad afterwards so long as you push through it. You've got this! Make sure you have some activities you can do when you get hungry and check with your doctor to see what you can snack on if the hunger pains get bad.

Good morning Miss. Thank you for your help! Yes it gets better. I can have veggies and a salad so I'm adjusting. Lost 7 pounds in 3 days. Lots of water and protein drinks. You are right it sets us up for post surgery. Post surgery is what I'm a bit weary about but that will come soon!

Back