• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Looking for a mentor.

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this site. I’m having the sleeve scheduled for December 4th.
I’m looking for someone who has already gone through this to be my “buddy,” as I have many unanswered questions and would love to have that guidance and support
Happy Friday!
Hello there and welcome to our group! Everyone here is very open and has a unique experience to share. I had RNY 7 months ago today so I don't know a lot about the sleeve but many fellow members here have had the sleeve.

We'll help you answer any questions you have, no judgment, we've all been in your shoes. You'll find that many of us check the site daily or at least weekly. Definitely reach out with any questions or just to talk about the journey.

Congratulations on your date, it'll be here before you know it!

PS - love the name, hahaha! :)

Welcome Nomorepasta. I am having the gastric sleeve, but not until March of 2020. I have learned so much from the knowledgeable people on this site who share their experiences and answer all questions. Tuesday, October 15 is a big surgery day here. I believe 3 members are having surgery that day, including Regy2go, which she is!! On Tuesday, I will have my 2nd meeting with the nutritionist which I am looking forward to. At the 1st class, I was very nervous and I know I missed a lot. Good luck with your surgery.

Welcome Nomorepasta. I am having the gastric sleeve, but not until March of 2020. I have learned so much from the knowledgeable people on this site who share their experiences and answer all questions. Tuesday, October 15 is a big surgery day here. I believe 3 members are having surgery that day, including Regy2go, which she is!! On Tuesday, I will have my 2nd meeting with the nutritionist which I am looking forward to. At the 1st class, I was very nervous and I know I missed a lot. Good luck with your surgery.
Thanks Roseanne37! It’s great to know that this site exists. I’ll look forward to sharing our journeys experiences. All the best!!

Oops, sorry, I forget that some things aren't "normal-speak" to newcomers. :) It's Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. The most common weight loss surgery that you've probably heard of.
Oh!!! Thanks, I had no clue. Lol. You are a true success story! You must feel reborn. For the last four years a scheduled a surgical date three times, and when it came down to the wire I got scared each time and backed out. I feel I am absolutely ready this time. It helps tremendously to read these threads and gain inspiration from people like you so thanks very much for sharing!!

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this site. I’m having the sleeve scheduled for December 4th.
I’m looking for someone who has already gone through this to be my “buddy,” as I have many unanswered questions and would love to have that guidance and support
Happy Friday!
Good afternoon. I have recently joined this group and everyone has been GREAT. In fact they have been so terrific, I feel like I've been here long enough to welcome you!.
I am having the sleeve this coming Tuesday. I will be more than happy to share anything that may be of value. Please dont hesitate to reach out! Good luck, December will be here before you know it.

Oh!!! Thanks, I had no clue. Lol. You are a true success story! You must feel reborn. For the last four years a scheduled a surgical date three times, and when it came down to the wire I got scared each time and backed out. I feel I am absolutely ready this time. It helps tremendously to read these threads and gain inspiration from people like you so thanks very much for sharing!!

Funny, I have actually been on the road to surgery twice before this and cancelled too. First time was about 11 years ago and then again about 5 years ago. Both times, I had lost so much pre-op that I decided to continue on my own. Both times, I came close to goal weight but then regained it all, plus some within a year. :(

This time it was different. I kept that in mind that this tool is to help me keep it off long term. No one is getting any younger. ;)

Good afternoon. I have recently joined this group and everyone has been GREAT. In fact they have been so terrific, I feel like I've been here long enough to welcome you!.
I am having the sleeve this coming Tuesday. I will be more than happy to share anything that may be of value. Please dont hesitate to reach out! Good luck, December will be here before you know it.

Good morning Scoleo!
Thank u so much for ur reply. I wish u all the best On Tuesday, and will look forward hearing about ur experience .
Btw, I’m from N.Y., if u would like to share where ur from, I’m wondering if anyone out there is located close by.....
Have a great day!

Funny, I have actually been on the road to surgery twice before this and cancelled too. First time was about 11 years ago and then again about 5 years ago. Both times, I had lost so much pre-op that I decided to continue on my own. Both times, I came close to goal weight but then regained it all, plus some within a year. :(

This time it was different. I kept that in mind that this tool is to help me keep it off long term. No one is getting any younger. ;)

I guess it’s a pretty natural reaction after losing that initial pre-op weight. I totally agree, it is a tool for the rest of our lives

Welcome to the group. I been working. Geeting kids off the school early and then working. Then to come home late cook and clean. I am usually on top of things but i been tired this past week.

Good morning MamaBearof4!
Thanks for welcoming me. You sound like a realize Wonder Woman!!! I’m sure ur tired but when u feel weary take a breathe, and a step back to look how far u have come in ur life’s journey!!! Amazing ☺️

BTW, Wanted to know if u had the gastric sleeve....

Good morning Scoleo!
Thank u so much for ur reply. I wish u all the best On Tuesday, and will look forward hearing about ur experience .
Btw, I’m from N.Y., if u would like to share where ur from, I’m wondering if anyone out there is located close by.....
Have a great day!
I'm in NY, outside of Albany.

Back