• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

loosing the battle

catt440

I had surgery Dec 2003 . weighed 297 lbs lost 137 pounds than last 3-4 years its coming back real fast in last year! I watch what I eat , I exercise , its like my metabolism stopped. Im scared I've ballooned up to 265!!!! Just turned 52. I've tried everything I could think of to kick start metabolism

I had surgery Dec 2003 . weighed 297 lbs lost 137 pounds than last 3-4 years its coming back real fast in last year! I watch what I eat , I exercise , its like my metabolism stopped. Im scared I've ballooned up to 265!!!! Just turned 52. I've tried everything I could think of to kick start metabolism
I would definitely take this to my doctor for advice. Did you work with a nutritionist back in 2003? Perhaps he/she would have advice? Good luck and sorry to hear you're struggling.

This may actually be rooted in hormones and not in your daily eating habits. I think it would be worth your time and effort to discuss with your doctor and have a checkup on all your levels to sort out what is going on beyond eating and exercise. I hope you find a solution! Let us know!

Back