• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

My surgery is postponed!

Silpay

It is 4:35 am and can not sleep.today was 12th day of liquid diet for my surgery schedul on Oct 3. But in the morning received a call from my doctor that I need to be on antibiotic for 5 days because my lab test shows UTI. So my surgery is postponed to Oct 17. I am so nerves and dissapointed. I already start my antibiotic and also I ate food today. I don't know when I need to start liquid diet again. My surgeon will call me later today.later today I have ulrasound of my liver. This is another issue poped out fromI do not know where. I never had unusual lab results until now. But my liver numbers are high this time. I am scared if something is wrong and csn not do the surgery. And one more thi g want to share just turned 54 few days ago and my monthly cycle was stopped.Surprisingly I got my period back. I know change of diet make diffetence but any of you had any experience? Wish everyone tha has upcoming surgery good luck and quick recovery. And all the best for everyone. I am sure I can go throug all these opsticles to get to my goal.❤

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how upset you must.
Let's just hope everything turns out normal so that you can move forward with this big step.
I just turned 53 a month ago and I have not had a cycle in over a year. I am 8 weeks out from RNY and down a total of 30 lbs.
That is one of my fears, that the cycle will return. So far it has not and I hope it stays that way.

Keep us updated on your tests and try to stay positive.

It is 4:35 am and can not sleep.today was 12th day of liquid diet for my surgery schedul on Oct 3. But in the morning received a call from my doctor that I need to be on antibiotic for 5 days because my lab test shows UTI. So my surgery is postponed to Oct 17. I am so nerves and dissapointed. I already start my antibiotic and also I ate food today. I don't know when I need to start liquid diet again. My surgeon will call me later today.later today I have ulrasound of my liver. This is another issue poped out fromI do not know where. I never had unusual lab results until now. But my liver numbers are high this time. I am scared if something is wrong and csn not do the surgery. And one more thi g want to share just turned 54 few days ago and my monthly cycle was stopped.Surprisingly I got my period back. I know change of diet make diffetence but any of you had any experience? Wish everyone tha has upcoming surgery good luck and quick recovery. And all the best for everyone. I am sure I can go throug all these opsticles to get to my goal.❤
So did you have your surgery. I don’t remember seeing any more port for you. If you had it how are you doing?

Don't give up before the Miracles happen!!!

So did you have your surgery. I don’t remember seeing any more port for you. If you had it how are you doing?
Yes I had my surgery in Oct 17 th. I am doing great. It was smooth and no problem surgery. Not much pain, no nausea at all. And now I am in my 3rd week of post op liquid diet. I will start soft food and puree on Thursday. Hopefully I will continue great. Thanks for asking.

Back