• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

New from Newark Delaware

hello everyone am glad I found this group... will be doing the gastric bypass some time in April, a little bit nervous finding hard to loss my 3%
Hi Adwoa, can you say what you are finding hard? giving up sweets, chips, the good tasting food? or is it something else? I had my surgery in Oct 2016 and I have no regrets so far. Surgery recovery and changing my thoughts about food is hard work. It is everyday and every situation type thing. Hopefully, this forum will help in staying focused.

hello everyone am glad I found this group... will be doing the gastric bypass some time in April, a little bit nervous finding hard to loss my 3%
It is a bitch to lose the weight before surgery, Like Tracy said there's an app for that (couldn't resist) I use my fitness pal, It works well alone plus it can work with The fit bits.... I got the Garmin version of the fit bit cheaper and works great... Fittness Pal allows you to scan and Item to see its facts and you can save it, or you can search for the food you want to add and keeps track of your water intake.... For me logging in everything help me stay honest and on track. Stay motivated we all can help you. Good luck

Like Keith, I used MyFitnessPal. It was hard giving up bad habits, but between the end of July and beginning of December I lost 29 lbs. As everyone said, the group here is a wonderful support system. Come back to us often.

Welcome to the group. It's so nice to have others that are going through the same thing. We all have ideas and suggestions that hopefully help each other. I have found since my surgery that I don't want anything sweet. I used to crave something sweet - cookies, cake, whatever. Not since surgery. That is amazing. I bake a lot and haven't been tempted to try anything. We'll help you anyway we can.

Back