• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Newby!

Hi, I am Iva, and I am obviously new here! I have just started the process of the paperwork and Dr. visits to get going to my new life. My daughter had the bypass surgery 3 years ago and has lost 200 lbs! Just my BMI alone is 48, and with all the co-morbids, I go to like 62 or something! I am not sure right now just what to expect, but so far my psychiatrist, foot doctor, heart doctor and my primary doctor have all stated I am medically healthy and ready to have the surgery to improve my health! Hope to chat often!

Hi, I am Iva, and I am obviously new here! I have just started the process of the paperwork and Dr. visits to get going to my new life. My daughter had the bypass surgery 3 years ago and has lost 200 lbs! Just my BMI alone is 48, and with all the co-morbids, I go to like 62 or something! I am not sure right now just what to expect, but so far my psychiatrist, foot doctor, heart doctor and my primary doctor have all stated I am medically healthy and ready to have the surgery to improve my health! Hope to chat often!
Hi. I've been on the process for a while and at first I was zealous...now I seeem to have slowed down on reaching short term goals. I like to see the newbies to the group with theit positive attitude it boosts me up a bit. Welcome.

Welcome, the process seems to take longer than it really does because of anticipation, but you will get thru it, I'm sore if you ask your daughter she will say it was worth it, but we are here if you have any questions, you can expect a long more healthy life, with tons of energy, less medication, and best of all new clothes

Welcome to the group, Iva. As Tracy the process does seem long at the beginning, but any exciting thing we are looking forward to always seems that way. Are you having gastric bypass like your daughter? I had mine on 12/6/16. My surgery had to be rescheduled the day before the surgery date. I had begun my process of having the surgery at the end of July. Surgery was scheduled for 10/18/16 and rescheduled to the 12/6/16 date. It seemed to take forever, but since having the surgery time has flown by. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your surgery. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Iva, I also, am just beginning the process towards Gastric by-pass surgery. It is great that you have family member that has been through the process and can give you first hand insight, guidance and encouragement. Keep reading the posts on this site, as I have gained a great deal encouragement and prospective from others. Hope to hear from you often as you go through the process both pre and post surgery.

Last edited:
Back