• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

NSV ALERT!!

WazzuCoug

For the first time in decades, my Complete Blood Count and my Metabolic Panel blood work was COMPLETELY normal. There wasn't a single thing outside of the normal range on either test! My liver values used to be off the chart high, now they are solidly normal. My A1C was diabetic, now it is NORMAL. My vitamin values, all normal.

I'm bouncing off the walls! I also creeped into the 240s on my weigh in today for the first time in almost 20 years (I know that is a scale victory, and not an NSV, but it just added to my overall satisfaction today).

I just had to share this with my bariatric friends. The NSVs are the real victories! If you are pre-surgery, stay on target to get yourself set up for success. If you are post-op, stick to that plan!!

That is amazing - my RNY surgery is Monday morning, So I am only hours away
Looking forward to better health
I'm 55 - with high blood pressure and A1C is pre diabetic and creeps up year after year
Can't wait to have this next couple weeks be in my rear view mirror !

For the first time in decades, my Complete Blood Count and my Metabolic Panel blood work was COMPLETELY normal. There wasn't a single thing outside of the normal range on either test! My liver values used to be off the chart high, now they are solidly normal. My A1C was diabetic, now it is NORMAL. My vitamin values, all normal.

I'm bouncing off the walls! I also creeped into the 240s on my weigh in today for the first time in almost 20 years (I know that is a scale victory, and not an NSV, but it just added to my overall satisfaction today).

I just had to share this with my bariatric friends. The NSVs are the real victories! If you are pre-surgery, stay on target to get yourself set up for success. If you are post-op, stick to that plan!!
This is great! It's what we all want, a healthy life. You are doing great, keep it up!

That is amazing - my RNY surgery is Monday morning, So I am only hours away
Looking forward to better health
I'm 55 - with high blood pressure and A1C is pre diabetic and creeps up year after year
Can't wait to have this next couple weeks be in my rear view mirror !
I'm A1C was 7.4 pre surgery (it had been as high as 8.4) It is 5.1 now, and hopefully in the next 3 months it will be even lower. If you have only had pre-diabetic measurements, you'll have a great chance to get well into the normal range.

Great Job! Keep up the good work.

Back