• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

One week out

Scoleo

Hey y'all. I'm a week out and I've decided my nervousness is now confidence. That is because of all of the wonderful success stories you have been so gracious to share.
I've been watching alot of videos to get a grasp on some "gems" that the doctor's office doesnt always share. Items like lip balm, baby spoons, and shot cups have been mentioned. So I am appealing to your sense of community in answering this question: What item(s) could you have not done without post-op? Suggestions for any time period post-op are greatly appreciated!

Matching my niece with her eating utensils, food, and cups was a big thing. Sippy cup, toddler plate, and toddler spoons. Also, if you have little containers that typically hold sauces (like in a restaurant) they are beneficial for heating up small amounts of your meals. Another great thing to have is little 2 oz and 4 oz containers. I bought 2 oz plastic containers on amazon (with lids) so I could make my pudding, jello, mashed potatoes, etc.) and measure out 2 tbsp of each meal into the cup, put lid on and it is ready to go! For the 4 oz jars, I also got those on amazon and they are glass so I don't have to transfer the meal onto a plate or small dish to heat up. I would say those are the things I was most grateful for having.

Back