• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ongoing health issues

Hello! I’m new here and am looking for someone...anyone...who can relate to my experiences. I had surgery in 2003. It’s been 16 years and it has NOT been a good experience for me. I have thankfully lost all the weight I needed but I’ve had complication after complication. I cannot say it’s been worth it. I feel like everyday is a struggle to be well. I have numerous health issues stemming from surgeries I’ve had to have. Is there anyone who had the surgery years ago and is struggling?

Welcome to the group Mrswes. I myself have only just recently had surgery so I'm not a lot of help, but I wanted to let you know someone had read your post. I hope there is someone in the group that may be able to help and understand what you are going through. I'm sorry you have had such a rough time with it. Even if someone is unable to relate to your experience, we are always here if you need to vent/rant. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you to help cope with everything. We are here for you!

Hello! I’m new here and am looking for someone...anyone...who can relate to my experiences. I had surgery in 2003. It’s been 16 years and it has NOT been a good experience for me. I have thankfully lost all the weight I needed but I’ve had complication after complication. I cannot say it’s been worth it. I feel like everyday is a struggle to be well. I have numerous health issues stemming from surgeries I’ve had to have. Is there anyone who had the surgery years ago and is struggling?
Hi Mrswes. I'm also early on in this journey but I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. We do have a few veterans who check the site from time to time. I hope you get some good feedback.

Back