• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Question

MamaBearOf4

For those of us that was not able to walk much before surgery i have a question for u all. When u started to walk and more more did ur shin feel like someone kicked u? Or better yet did both ur legs fell like they was tight and no feeling but u felt everything that touched ur legs? It feels weird because that is what i am going through right now. Legs of my pants are baggy so i know the tight feeling is not coming from there. I feel the pants touching my leg but my legs feel weird. I so hope this is because of the exercise i been getting. But i keep moving and that is what matters most. Hopefull under 400 in 3 to 5 months.

I have had the shin pains also. They do go away but it takes a week or two. I stretch a lot and try when I can to walk in areas that arent paved. I find concrete and pavement to be hard on the feet, legs and back. Sometimes on my walks there are patches of softer ground and I will navigate to them.

Are you swelling? Mine feel like that when I'm really retaining fluid. If you are, try some compression stockings. Also, are you diabetic? If so, it could be peripheral neuropathy. Regardless, I would talk to my doc about it. It could be a lot of different things. I have a back injury that has caused numbness in both of my legs, That's a really weird feeling! You're doing great!

No swelling. I am not diabetic. And i do have back problems. Deteration of the disc. I hope it is not that but what i am feeling is different. It is from my thighs down only. I can feel my touch and i can feel everything. It not a numb feeling but it feels tight. My pants legs are loose on my legs but i feel as if they are tight. Even wearing shorts my legs feel the same. And they are sweaty most of the time when i walk.

I have had the shin pains also. They do go away but it takes a week or two. I stretch a lot and try when I can to walk in areas that arent paved. I find concrete and pavement to be hard on the feet, legs and back. Sometimes on my walks there are patches of softer ground and I will navigate to them.

I cant walk grass area because i get off balanced real easy. So concrete is safer for me

No swelling. I am not diabetic. And i do have back problems. Deteration of the disc. I hope it is not that but what i am feeling is different. It is from my thighs down only. I can feel my touch and i can feel everything. It not a numb feeling but it feels tight. My pants legs are loose on my legs but i feel as if they are tight. Even wearing shorts my legs feel the same. And they are sweaty most of the time when i walk.
It’s definitely a change in sensation then. I would definitely mention it to your doc. It could be neurological. If you have a back injury, the change in weight can have different effects on that injury.

Back