• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Quick question

Keyarms

So why is it when I drink or eat it gets stuck in my throat it feels like I'm chewing 20 times and more...it's making me uncomfortable as if I'm doing something wrong ..makes me dread eating....so I eat ice chips and popsicles SMH

So why is it when I drink or eat it gets stuck in my throat it feels like I'm chewing 20 times and more...it's making me uncomfortable as if I'm doing something wrong ..makes me dread eating....so I eat ice chips and popsicles SMH
I get that feeling sometimes and I feel like it always happens when I take too big of a bite or I take too many bites to quickly. You are doing things right, you just may need to slow down a bit more. One tip that was passed on to me is to use toddler items like a toddler spoon and plate. By using the toddler spoon it forces you to take smaller bites. Make sure you are putting the spoon down in between bites and giving yourself plenty of time. Even just starting out it should take about 30 minutes to eat your meals. It sounds crazy when you are eating such a little portion but it definitely helps!

I get that feeling sometimes and I feel like it always happens when I take too big of a bite or I take too many bites to quickly. You are doing things right, you just may need to slow down a bit more. One tip that was passed on to me is to use toddler items like a toddler spoon and plate. By using the toddler spoon it forces you to take smaller bites. Make sure you are putting the spoon down in between bites and giving yourself plenty of time. Even just starting out it should take about 30 minutes to eat your meals. It sounds crazy when you are eating such a little portion but it So whyuncomfortable as if I'm doing something wrong ..makes me dread eating....so I eat ice chips and popsicles SMH
I agree is Miss. Use baby spoons, and I even use a baby plate. Helps with portions size. And chew chew chew.
Small sips when drinking.

Back