• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

requirements

kdmbeach

Does anyone know if there is a specific form a mental health provider needs to fill out for the assessment/requirement? My insurance requires one for the last 6 months stating I'm cleared for the proceedure.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a specific form a mental health provider needs to fill out for the assessment/requirement? My insurance requires one for the last 6 months stating I'm cleared for the proceedure.

Hi Kdm. I know there is paperwork that has to be sent in, but I honestly don't know the name of it (I have thrown mine away because it was months ago). Basically it was a form asking when I was seen and the reason for the visit which they had to put all the fun insurance codes on. The therapist I saw worked directly with my surgeon. So I would check with your surgeon and they should know the specifics on what is required for insurance purposes and hopefully be able to help you out. Good luck!

Back