• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Revision surgery for ulcers

Kieara9

I was recently hospitalized for several large marginal ulcers. I've been battling them since my bypass April 2018. This last group of them is bad enough that they want to do a revision of the surgery and take out the ulcerated area and redo the anastamosis between the stomach and small intestine. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this done. Did it help? And how was the recovery? I'm really afraid they will need to reverse the surgery completely.

I was recently hospitalized for several large marginal ulcers. I've been battling them since my bypass April 2018. This last group of them is bad enough that they want to do a revision of the surgery and take out the ulcerated area and redo the anastamosis between the stomach and small intestine. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this done. Did it help? And how was the recovery? I'm really afraid they will need to reverse the surgery completely.
Yikes Kieara, sorry to hear what you've been going through. I hope someone here has some good advice for you. Good luck.

Back