• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Roughly Three Weeks After Surgery

Wadegirl

Hey All,

I thought I would check in and say that it's been a little over three weeks since I had surgery and I'm doing fine. I seem to be healing up pretty well. The staff at the hospital were kind and very skillful. A funny thing though: the pre-op appointment day ended up being longer than expected. My ride home never actually showed up making me ask my sister to get me and my hubby home. Just as my sister showed up, I was informed that I needed to get some blood draws. My sister asked if I was sure I wanted these people to cut into me. I told her they were good at bariatric surgery but I understood the point and frustration. I got the draws done and was so happy to be on the way home. At least they caught me as I was going out the door rather than getting a call about those draws...lol

Christian

Congrats Christian! That is so great things are going well so far. Are you still on liquids or onto pureed?

I had a similar issue when trying to leave the hospital. My brother showed up to take me home and a nurse (not mine) told me I needed to wait for my nurse b/c she would need to take vitals and walk me out. I waited an hour when she comes in and asks why I was still there, she thought I had left already. I told her what the other nurse said and she just rolled her eyes. I was okay with being safe and giving them whatever they needed before sending me home.

Back