• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Southern California Trainer-Inland Empire

aleyva01

Hello,

Before making my decision to have the surgery done I had never exercised regularly. In preparing for the surgery I have since joined the gym and never felt so good about it. I initially started by getting a trainer who helped me get a regimen going that was practical for me. Although it was tough at first I’ve never felt better about myself or had more energy! I visit him twice a week and he is relatively inexpensive as compared to other trainers you may find in the various gyms. I feel like having a trainer makes my workout more efficient and I’m held accountable to someone, which is something I need. If you happen to live in the Southern California Inland Empire and need some help Eric is a great way to get started!!! Send me a message and I can get you his info.:eek::eek::eek:

My surgery date was July 19th and I can't wait to get back out there and workout because I know thats when I'll begin to really shed the weight!!!!

Personal trainers are the way to go if you have never been a regular at the gym and need to get started and if somone cant afford them full time I would still recomend seeing one for the first few visits and periodically until you get in the groove. They help explain body mechanics and the prosses of losing weight and the benifits to cross train ing and switching it up. Keep up the great work. :cool: Tom

Hello Aleyva
Where did you have your surgery and how was your experience? I had the same procedure on July 25, 2012. I feel great, and had no difficulties whatsoever! I am very happy with my decision. I have lost approximately a pound a day...2 weeks out I have lost 15 pounds. I'm on pureed foods now and next week can move up to soft foods. I have tolerated all foods well and have not had a problem. Please tell me more about your experience.

Thanks,
Jules

Hi Jules!
My surgery was done through Kaiser on July 19, 2012. I haven't had any problems out of the norm other than the initial soreness and 1 day I experienced extreme bloating that caused stomach cramps but that was only one day a few days after the procedure. I've lost about 1 to 1.5 lbs a day. The past 3 days I've been the same weight and this is something that I haven't experience. I'm trying to put some serious effort into getting back to exercising so I went to Disneyland and walked quite a distance (it's always been my happy place to escape and I hadn't been for 3 weeks since surgery so I was dying to get back!!) and I started swimming. I have noticed a big difference in my strength and endurance as a result of not working out at the level I was just prior to surgery so I'm really determined to get back on track with my trainer and gym schedule. As far as foods I've been able to get my protein in through Isopure shakes mostly. I'm able to tolerate foods but it's difficult for me to eat because I'm just not hungry, a feeling that is completely foreign to me! I am trying to get in 2 meals a day and I'm still in the pureed stage but I just can't seem to get that third meal in there just isn't enough time in the day!!
I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you! I look forward to hearing more. Be sure to keep me posted!!

-Amanda

Hi Jules!
My surgery was done through Kaiser on July 19, 2012. I haven't had any problems out of the norm other than the initial soreness and 1 day I experienced extreme bloating that caused stomach cramps but that was only one day a few days after the procedure. I've lost about 1 to 1.5 lbs a day. The past 3 days I've been the same weight and this is something that I haven't experience. I'm trying to put some serious effort into getting back to exercising so I went to Disneyland and walked quite a distance (it's always been my happy place to escape and I hadn't been for 3 weeks since surgery so I was dying to get back!!) and I started swimming. I have noticed a big difference in my strength and endurance as a result of not working out at the level I was just prior to surgery so I'm really determined to get back on track with my trainer and gym schedule. As far as foods I've been able to get my protein in through Isopure shakes mostly. I'm able to tolerate foods but it's difficult for me to eat because I'm just not hungry, a feeling that is completely foreign to me! I am trying to get in 2 meals a day and I'm still in the pureed stage but I just can't seem to get that third meal in there just isn't enough time in the day!!
I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you! I look forward to hearing more. Be sure to keep me posted!!

-Amanda
Glad to hear your doing so good Amanda, I'm also having mine done at Kaiser . I'm on my 11th class so I have some time still no surgery date yet but falt I needed to be in support group online. Have a lot of questions and everyone one on here are so nice to chat with about surgery, my daughter is against me having surgery done . She thinks I'm taking the easy way . After my knee replacement in June 2016 I have but 30 pounds on that I took off before surgery going to Weight watchers.Now my knee is still not not where it should be so I can return to work . I know I need to work 15 more years before I retire and can't carry this weight around anymore. I'm at 209 was 217.9 when I started class. I'm looking forward to skinny jeans I feel I'm still young and I'm very out going but sense my knee surgery I don't walk the dogs. Looking for feed back from all that can also help me on my journey with surgery I don't have good support from family

Hello,

Before making my decision to have the surgery done I had never exercised regularly. In preparing for the surgery I have since joined the gym and never felt so good about it. I initially started by getting a trainer who helped me get a regimen going that was practical for me. Although it was tough at first I’ve never felt better about myself or had more energy! I visit him twice a week and he is relatively inexpensive as compared to other trainers you may find in the various gyms. I feel like having a trainer makes my workout more efficient and I’m held accountable to someone, which is something I need. If you happen to live in the Southern California Inland Empire and need some help Eric is a great way to get started!!! Send me a message and I can get you his info.:eek::eek::eek:

My surgery date was July 19th and I can't wait to get back out there and workout because I know thats when I'll begin to really shed the weight!!!!
Where in the IE are you located? I would love to get the info on your trainer. I am in Riverside...

Back