• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery for over 65 years old

Hello everyone, I just joined today. I have been looking at some posts and there is so much information here. I've found answers to some of my questions and it feels good to know, we share the same concerns. I had originally found a post titled something like over 60 or 65 and having surgery. I cannot find where it is and I've even done a search. Does anyone know where that topic is?

Thank you, Brenda for your reply to my post. I went over to the Medicare and being 70 site and posted. I hope that reading about others in my Senior Boat will give me more insights. Thank you again.
I am most definite in your boat!!! LOL 69 here for a few more months!! I am very interested in what the older folks are saying about surgery and how they are making out.......

I'm 71! A young 71. I backed out of the surgery 15 years ago and have regretted it ever since. I'm now trying to get medicare and insurance to cover so I can get back to being healthy. I married a man younger than me (12 years) 'cause the ones my age couldn't keep up with me. The surgery will help me stick around so I can continue to enjoy my husband. I'm not backing out this time.

Looks like out boat is getting bigger!

Good Morning. How are the people in the "senior boat" doing this am? WWWindy did you get a date yet? How are you doing Redy2go and Debinva? I am still working on my pre-op dr visits. I have an appt with a lung dr today. I have a nuclear stress test scheduled with my heart dr for Jan. 2020 and a endoscope scheduled for Dec. I wish these visits and procedures were over. I am enjoying my nutrition classes. Even though, Medicare only requires two classes, I opted to attend more.

Hi Roseanne! I'm doing great! Down 30 pounds and feeling great! I'm on pureed food for one more week.then soft food. I know so many test right? You'll get thru them fine I know! This procedure for the sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself! Keep me posted on your journey!

WOW, Redy2go you are doing great!! Are you having any trouble eating pureed food? What are you eating? My appointment with the lung Dr. went very good. He was very nice and spoke very highly of my surgeon and the procedure. Another visit that I can check off! :) What date was your surgery?

Good morning Roseanne! My surgery was on October 15 th. Not having any issues with pureed food...soup refried beans cottage cheese ( low fat). Chew and chew..next week soft food. Every 2 weeks a diet changes until regular food. I just think about my " little tummy". And want to keep it that way!

Back