• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Time of surgery

Silpay

Hi everyone
I am new here. I got my inssrance approval and two options of surgery date one week apart
First one will be at2:15 pm and second one whi h is one week after could be at 7:30 am. Which one is better early morning surgery or afternoon?
Thank you

I had to report to the hospital at 6 am and surgery was at 8 am. I am glad I was early. I got to see the surgeon briefly that afternoon, and it gave me the last part to the day to relax. I don't think I could have handled the pre op jitters until after 2pm. And they had me sipping water as soon as I woke up.

I had to report to the hospital at 6 am and surgery was at 8 am. I am glad I was early. I got to see the surgeon briefly that afternoon, and it gave me the last part to the day to relax. I don't think I could have handled the pre op jitters until after 2pm. And they had me sipping water as soon as I woke up.
I am thinking waiting until afternoon will give me more anxiety. I'll go with early time. Thanks

Back