• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Truth or False??

I have decided not to tell too many people about my weight loss surgery. But, I told someone over the weekend and they told me that a relative who works in a lab told them that the staples (for a gastric sleeve surgery,, I guess to close the smaller stomach often gets gangrene. She said that the relative witnessed this. I've never read or heard of this side effect. Has anybody else heard this?? It's funny how something that I've never thought of before, keeps coming up in my mind. Thank you.

I have decided not to tell too many people about my weight loss surgery. But, I told someone over the weekend and they told me that a relative who works in a lab told them that the staples (for a gastric sleeve surgery,, I guess to close the smaller stomach often gets gangrene. She said that the relative witnessed this. I've never read or heard of this side effect. Has anybody else heard this?? It's funny how something that I've never thought of before, keeps coming up in my mind. Thank you.
HUH??? o_O

I had RNY so I can't speak specifically to complications of the sleeve but that sounds totally false! My surgeon was very thorough discussing possible complications, that was not mentioned. I guess anything is possible but that has got to be a one in bazillion chance!

I am with you, I have never heard of that before. Just like Brenda I had the RNY so it is different, but I was given the complication list for all of the possible surgeries. I just double checked them again (of course I still have all that paperwork, lol) and no where was that mentioned as a possible side effect.

Back