• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Two part question

pamk

1) Do any of you drink decaf coffee? I love to sip it all morning long. I hate to take the hour long break from it to eat breakfast. (by lunch and dinner I am drinking water. And that is fine to stop half hour before and after my meal) Those post surgery people; did you lose your craving for coffee (decaf)? Can I continue to sip coffee and still eat breakfast?

2) This is a big one! How do I get enough protein in at breakfast time? My dietitian wants me to get 20gs of protein at each meal. For lunch and dinner that is easy to do with chicken, fish, beans, lentils and quinoa. But breakfast? What do you eat for breakfast?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1) Do any of you drink decaf coffee? I love to sip it all morning long. I hate to take the hour long break from it to eat breakfast. (by lunch and dinner I am drinking water. And that is fine to stop half hour before and after my meal) Those post surgery people; did you lose your craving for coffee (decaf)? Can I continue to sip coffee and still eat breakfast?

2) This is a big one! How do I get enough protein in at breakfast time? My dietitian wants me to get 20gs of protein at each meal. For lunch and dinner that is easy to do with chicken, fish, beans, lentils and quinoa. But breakfast? What do you eat for breakfast?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Hiya pamk. :)

I don't drink coffee but I would think little sips would be ok. I've always done little sips of drinks with meals. I don't want to encourage bad habits but I think the idea is that they want you getting your protein in and if you're full from liquids, you won't eat enough. But maybe someone has a more educated theory on that. ;)

I do a protein shake for breakfast. Since they're 30 grams, I figure I can get half my protein for the day in even if I don't love them.

I hope others have better ideas for you!

I found some pretty yummy protein bars 20 gm of protein. I have one for breakfast. I love coffee, but I stopped drinking it before surgery. I really don’t miss it. ( much )

Hey there - will you please let me know which bars you like? I'm going to be traveling next month and it's much lighter to pack bars than shakes. :)

Back