• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vitamins?

Dogmom17

Hi, everyone. I am new here. I am in the beginning of this process--having the sleeve in Feb/March. Quick question--I am finishing my bottle of old gummy vitamins and looking to reorder something that dissolves or is liquid. I want to get a head start on what I will be taking after surgery.

I could just call my doctor's office but I am thinking I would ask the "real folks" what they are using. Thanks in advance!

Hi, everyone. I am new here. I am in the beginning of this process--having the sleeve in Feb/March. Quick question--I am finishing my bottle of old gummy vitamins and looking to reorder something that dissolves or is liquid. I want to get a head start on what I will be taking after surgery.

I could just call my doctor's office but I am thinking I would ask the "real folks" what they are using. Thanks in advance!
I use Flintstones Complete chewable, it was recommended by my nutritionist. Also the calcium wafers per day :)

I take a chewable that is formulated for bariatric patients so I don't think you could start taking it before. Congratulations on your decision to pursue surgery, it's a life-changer. :)

The day after my surgery they started giving me multivitamins while I was still in the hospital. My PA told me to slowly start add all of the other vitamins. They could make you sick if you start them all at once.

The day after my surgery they started giving me multivitamins while I was still in the hospital. My PA told me to slowly start add all of the other vitamins. They could make you sick if you start them all at once.
They didn't have me start my vitamins until after my 1 week post-op appt.

Back