• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What Did I Do?!

LoveLee

I am almost 2 months post surgery & I have lost 44lbs. I'm afraid of hitting a plateau bc my doctor said that the weight loss will slow down. I'm oxygen so I don't get to exercise like they suggest. I can't hold anything down but the protein shakes, pudding & popsicles. I never used to get hungry before surgery but I find myself getting hungry & having strong cravings for junk food!

This is CRAZY bc when I have a craving for something, I can hold as much as I want! I have realized that I am an emotional eater! I went thru a family hurt this weekend. All week I have eaten bad foods! I had a crispy chicken sandwich from Wendy's, the $2 one. I had some chips, a donut & small fries all over the past 5 days!! It takes me one whole day to eat one bad thing.
I feel horrible! My stomach hurts so badly! And mentally I feel like I have let myself down. I was doing so good & I let them get in my head!!
I don't know what I'm looking for other than a forum to say...I guess I want to scream that I AM NOT GIVING UP ON MYSELF!!
I'm going to get back on track. Start my liquid diet again from scratch and reprogram my mind & body. This surgery was painful for me because I had laparoscopic surgery already in Sept. 2017 for a bad appendix.
Yes. I think that is what I needed to get out. I'm going to pay these next few days for eating the wrong foods. I have pain, nausea, vomiting, cramping and diarrhea. It's not worth it! I am not going to allow emotions & food to trap me again in misery.

You can get back on track..don't beat yourself up we all make mistakes...it's very important now that you've learned and see the results of based food choices..I think that will curb you from doing it again..You will be successful and as you have an significant weight loss I know you can continue...much love and blessings to you on your journey..

I am almost 2 months post surgery & I have lost 44lbs. I'm afraid of hitting a plateau bc my doctor said that the weight loss will slow down. I'm oxygen so I don't get to exercise like they suggest. I can't hold anything down but the protein shakes, pudding & popsicles. I never used to get hungry before surgery but I find myself getting hungry & having strong cravings for junk food!

This is CRAZY bc when I have a craving for something, I can hold as much as I want! I have realized that I am an emotional eater! I went thru a family hurt this weekend. All week I have eaten bad foods! I had a crispy chicken sandwich from Wendy's, the $2 one. I had some chips, a donut & small fries all over the past 5 days!! It takes me one whole day to eat one bad thing.
I feel horrible! My stomach hurts so badly! And mentally I feel like I have let myself down. I was doing so good & I let them get in my head!!
I don't know what I'm looking for other than a forum to say...I guess I want to scream that I AM NOT GIVING UP ON MYSELF!!
I'm going to get back on track. Start my liquid diet again from scratch and reprogram my mind & body. This surgery was painful for me because I had laparoscopic surgery already in Sept. 2017 for a bad appendix.
Yes. I think that is what I needed to get out. I'm going to pay these next few days for eating the wrong foods. I have pain, nausea, vomiting, cramping and diarrhea. It's not worth it! I am not going to allow emotions & food to trap me again in misery.
I'm sorry you've had some family problems that led you back to your old comfort, food. Venting and getting back on track is all you can do. And FORGIVE YOURSELF!!! We'll all have our stumbles from time to time. The real change we all need to make is pulling ourselves out of it and getting back to taking care of ourselves. You've got that drive, I can feel it in your post. Falling off the wagon isn't a failure when we discover that we can get right back on. That is what shows you how strong you've become. :) You've got this!

Yes, please do not beat yourself up.
I am 10 weeks out and I had a cookie this weekend and a few bites of Beignet at a Festival. I just jumped right back on the wagon on Sunday.
We are all human and sometimes those cravings get to us. We just have to be sure not to let it happen on a regular basis.
We know you can do this.

Back