• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wrinkly fingers?

Hey all! I have an issue post surgery (8/28) where my finger tips are wrinkly almost like pruney except not from being in water. The skin is also rough and dry. I'm getting about 64oz of water in, mostly sugarfree powerade for the electrolytes but am concerned about my wrinkly fingers, they look like they've aged 40 years. Lotion and creams help the texture but not the pruney tips. Did anyone else struggle with this after surgery? Am I dehydrated even with the 64oz? It would be so hard to get in more water... thx

Hey all! I have an issue post surgery (8/28) where my finger tips are wrinkly almost like pruney except not from being in water. The skin is also rough and dry. I'm getting about 64oz of water in, mostly sugarfree powerade for the electrolytes but am concerned about my wrinkly fingers, they look like they've aged 40 years. Lotion and creams help the texture but not the pruney tips. Did anyone else struggle with this after surgery? Am I dehydrated even with the 64oz? It would be so hard to get in more water... thx
Hmm, that's interesting, I wonder what's up? I don't have that side-effect but now I'm really curious! Please let us know if your doctor has an answer.

Back