• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

7 years out...100 pounds back. Looking for support

Hello, I know this is an old thread but I had my surgery 3/2016, started at 240 and I maintained @ 155-160 for at least 3 years. Since then about every 2 years I gain about 15lb back and have to reset my habits! I know that the “pouch reset” isn’t really for gastric sleeve thing but I was looking for anything that didn’t require an additional surgery. Since that’s why I had the sleeve done in the first place! So that’s what I do, I start at a liquid diet for a couple days to curb snacking and then move through the stages from the original diet within about 2 weeks, and it seems much easier to get back on track. I have had success doing this, but it definitely is much slower it takes me about 6months to lose the 15 lbs…. I am working on my habits and will continue to try and do better. I hope this helps, I struggle as well and hope the best for you, don’t give up!
I had the gastric sleeve and I've done the pouch reset a couple of times and it worked great for me. I got clearance from my drs. It's not easy to do, but it helps get you back on track. I hope it helps you guys out.

Back