• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Anyone here diagnosed with ALS post surgery?

schlep68

Hello all,
I had a VSG done 11 years ago. I was unfortunately diagnosed with ALS two years ago. I have a nagging feeling (with zero proof) that maybe weight loss surgery was a contributing factor. Had a few vitamin deficiencies and also 3 grand mal seizures due to reactive hypoglycemia, which the surgery caused. Anyone on here find themselves in the same position? Thanks in advance.
Belinda

Hello all,
I had a VSG done 11 years ago. I was unfortunately diagnosed with ALS two years ago. I have a nagging feeling (with zero proof) that maybe weight loss surgery was a contributing factor. Had a few vitamin deficiencies and also 3 grand mal seizures due to reactive hypoglycemia, which the surgery caused. Anyone on here find themselves in the same position? Thanks in advance.
Belinda
No but so sorry for your diagnosis. My best friend passed away from Als 7 yrs ago. Live each day to the best of your ability.

Back