• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

As we lose weight

Carolyn270

I read on a site livingstrong.Com about how one can tighten the skin as you lose weight. Was wondering is anyone heard of it and how it turns out.

Hello Carolyn, I haven't heard. What did it say about it? I'd be interested in knowing.
Thanks,
Kathy

Hi Kathy,

It basically said to lose weight slowly, to exercise and stay hydrated as much as possible. I forget how slowly but I think it's 1 to 2 lbs a day.

Hi Kathy,

It basically said to lose weight slowly, to exercise and stay hydrated as much as possible. I forget how slowly but I think it's 1 to 2 lbs a day.
I've heard, from a man who lost over 300#, that he kept his skin relatively firm by doing a lot of sit ups and weight lifting.

I haven't done a sit up in probably 40 years. I'll have to try it, if I can get down on the floor at all. HA!

What's a sit up? Just joking. It's the arthritis in my spine that tells me not to consider certain exercises. I would love to disagree. I have been doing the simple stretches and strengthening exercises recommended. None boost my cardio except the short trip to the mailbox. I think what I will do is try to push past the number of repetitions I habe been reaching so far....good idea for skin tightening ?

Back