• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Dap -

DAP

Surgery date set for April 3, 2012.
Second attempt after cancelation
due to high potassium levels.
Current weight 339 lbs -
down from 366 lbs @ first consultation.

Last edited:
Welome Dap, My name is Tom, the cancelation must have been disapointing I am glad you have a date set, that is next week, you must be excited, please feal free to ask any one here if you have any questions or concerns. Good luck. :cool: Tom

Welcome Dap. Are you nervous or excited about your fast approaching surgery? I'm only 1 month post-op and I have no regrets. You will find this forum inspirational, informative, enlightening and down right friendly. Please be sure to come back here and let us know how you are doing.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Yes, I was very discouraged after being cancelled. I had I.V. in and was ready...NOT! I guess it all happened that way for a reason because I prayed about it very hard. Anyway here I go again and look forward to your support!
Thanks again,
Dennis

Dap
Do they know what is causing your body to have high potassium levels? I heard of alot of people with there's being too low, my father had that issue. Hopefully they get everything straighten out so you can go ahead with your surgery. I will be praying for you and your test results to be ok so you can proceed on. Keep us informed how you are doing.
Donna

Upcoming Surgery

I think, but don't know it was because I was dehydrated after doing meal replacement shakes for 2 weeks and not drinking enough water.
I went from 366 to 321 lbs in two weeks.
Hopefully this time I got it right...
Thanks for your prayers and good luck to you too!

Good luck to you!! I have never regretted my decision to have the surgery ( 1 year ago). It is the best tool ever!!

Back