• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

I am a newbie here has anyone else experienced the below

dam

I am 10 weeks post gastric bypass and have lost 50 pounds I am having some issues and I am wondering if anyone else having the following:
1) I only have bowel movement once a week and when I do, I get the chills real bad I have to throw up at the same time. I comes out both end.
2) nose is running all the time
3) voice sounds strained all the time
4) still am very limited with what I can eat and the amount. 2 little forkfuls and I am full. Can not eat eggs, chicken, shrimp all make me sick
5) very sensitive to smell.
Just want to know if anyone else has these issues. I contacted the doctor, but he is out of town this week.

Congrats on the weight loss, the only thing I can relate to is going to the bathroom at this point, only about once a week which is much different than before surgery, I actually mark it down so I don't worry myself about not going, but I don't get sick, I'm surprised when you called the Dr that another Dr couldn't help you out and give you answers.

I am 10 weeks post gastric bypass and have lost 50 pounds I am having some issues and I am wondering if anyone else having the following:
1) I only have bowel movement once a week and when I do, I get the chills real bad I have to throw up at the same time. I comes out both end.
2) nose is running all the time
3) voice sounds strained all the time
4) still am very limited with what I can eat and the amount. 2 little forkfuls and I am full. Can not eat eggs, chicken, shrimp all make me sick
5) very sensitive to smell.
Just want to know if anyone else has these issues. I contacted the doctor, but he is out of town this week.
You should continue to follow-up with your doctor.
I have experience some the same symptom. Right after surgery I didn't have a daily bowel movement, because I wasn't eating a lot of food. I would go from breaking out in sweat to immediately having chills after eating sweets. My nose would run when I was full. My voice sounded strained every time I was dehydrated from not drinking enough fluid. Overtime, a lot of those symptoms either went away or I learned what to do in order to prevent them from happening. Again, follow up with your doctor because everyone is different. Feel Better!!

Hmmm...interesting, my nose runs all the time as well, but I never put the 2 together. My voice is strained also and I can only eat 2-2.5oz of hard food, but I can drink an 11oz protein shake in a few drinks. I can eat eggs, chicken, steak, and shrimp, but I have to eat it VERY slowly and in small bites. I've figured out that I can order a 6oz sirloin, eat half and take half home. I've been told it will all get better as I go. A friend of mine told me to eat small bites of tuna (high protein) throughout the day and that will help.

Back