• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Ozempic/Wegovy

I just saw this on Instagram:

I hope the link works for you. I tested it and it took me to the page, but I'm not sure people can get there if they don't subscribe to IG.

After I posted it here, it wouldn't work, but it's a story from NYTimes.

1714592886095.png

The most shocking thing I got from the article is that 40 percent of Americans are overweight, though it might be more because it wasn't a science-based study.

Anyway, I would never take a weight-loss drug, and I really only take two prescription meds that I have to take because of dysfunctioning organs in my body. I take a lot of supplements and of course, 2 multis a day, per my bariatric surgeon's order.

also, there was this a few days ago:

A Senate committee is investigating the prices that Novo Nordisk charges for its blockbuster medications, Ozempic and Wegovy, which are highly effective at treating diabetes and obesity but carry steep price tags.

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont said in an interview with @nyt_well that the prices must “be lowered in order for consumers to get it, and for governments not to go bankrupt providing it.”

The list price of Ozempic, which is authorized for Type 2 diabetes, is around $968 per package. Wegovy, which is approved for weight loss and to reduce the risk of heart problems in some adults with obesity, costs $1,349.02 per package. Read more about what we know at the link in bio.

Back