• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Peanut Butter!

Yeah, I've heard that PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter was pretty good. I'm going to buy one and give it a try. It's something we could think about carrying in the American Bariatrics Store.

I tried the PB2 during my second month post surgery. I can vouch for the taste but nothing beats the "real thing". You can easily use PB2 in cooking to to make things like peanut butter chicken. You get the same great taste but none of the fat and extra calories that regular peanut butter has. I heard that PB2 also makes great smoothies but haven't tried it myself, yet.

I use PB2 regularly. I love the stuff. There is a high protein bread called P28 (available online). Lightly toast a slice and schmear it with PB2 chocolate add a teaspoon of sugar free jelly and voila you have a great high protein dessert.

Thanks James. I posted a recipe for chocolate peanutbutter balls using PB2. They taste good and have the consistency of raw cookie dough. It's a great way to help get your protein in :)

Thanks Qaterra--I am a peanut butter kind of girl. I'm gonna order it today so I will have it for my smashed and mashed menu next week. I was also looking at Carbquik Baking Mix has anyone used it before?? I normally used alot of Bisquick thought it may be a good alternative, seems a bit pricey though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Time 4 me-I use Carbquik baking mix. It doesn't taste like Bisqucik but it's still a good alternative to flour. Check out the recipes on the Carbquik website. You'll notice they call for a lot of heavy cream and to beat the egg whites until stiff, etc. I use the Carbquik mostly for pancakes but I don't use the heavy cream or beat the egg whites like the recipe call for. I just mix it with an egg and some milk and it comes out just fine. I used it once to make a cobbler and it came out great using canned sugar free apple pie filling.

Pat, I want to live at your house, after reading of all the GOOD stuff you make. Or you can come and live with us. LOL Love your recipes and ideas. Oh and Thank you for the recipes and your advise.

I've heard so much about this PB2 and should give it a try with my next order. Thanks for carrying it. It's so convenient to be able to buy everything I need in one place.

Back