• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Questions about something's

Mandylee

I had surgery 4/16/2019 I am still having an issue with eating food I feel sick when I eat or I can't eat because I am not hungry I also have very bad heartburn I feel like this will never stop I am not sure what to do or what to eat I truly could use some help

I had surgery 4/16/2019 I am still having an issue with eating food I feel sick when I eat or I can't eat because I am not hungry I also have very bad heartburn I feel like this will never stop I am not sure what to do or what to eat I truly could use some help
You really need to speak to your doctor. It's ok if you don't feel hungry. Sometimes heartburn means you are not eating the right things. You need to focus on the instructions your doctor gave you. Slowly sip on the protein shakes . Stop thinking about your old foods and meal times. Watch your portions and chew your food slowly and thoroughly. Call your doctor.

You really need to speak to your doctor. It's ok if you don't feel hungry. Sometimes heartburn means you are not eating the right things. You need to focus on the instructions your doctor gave you. Slowly sip on the protein shakes . Stop thinking about your old foods and meal times. Watch your portions and chew your food slowly and thoroughly. Call your doctor.

I know my nut said that bypass patients will not feel hungry for at least 5 months after surgery but you have to eat something so your body will start to get the stuff it needs. Even if it is a little bit it is better then nothing. But everyone is right check in with your doctor. It is better safe then sorry. Good luck.

Back