• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Support groups

Any support groups in the Central area of Illinois?

• The one I go to is in Centralia, but that is an hour and fifteen minutes each way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would like to hear of others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am looking for a support group that is closer to me. The one I go to is in Centralia, which is an hour and fifteen minutes each way. Any in Richland County?
Hi Cindy. I am in Murphysboro. RYGB was January 28 in St Louis at DePaul. Last month, SSM Health at DePaul offered their support group live streaming via Zoom Meetings. I am hoping they will keep that up! Otherwise, I may have to join you in Centralia. ;)

Hi Cindy. I am in Murphysboro. RYGB was January 28 in St Louis at DePaul. Last month, SSM Health at DePaul offered their support group live streaming via Zoom Meetings. I am hoping they will keep that up! Otherwise, I may have to join you in Centralia. ;)
I’m having mine at DePaul too! I meet Dr.Morales at the end of the month. I’ve heard he really takes his time with his patients (aka always runs late LOL), but I’ve really enjoyed the 2 dietitians I’ve worked with and the counselor. How did you find the experience with that office?

I’m having mine at DePaul too! I meet Dr.Morales at the end of the month. I’ve heard he really takes his time with his patients (aka always runs late LOL), but I’ve really enjoyed the 2 dietitians I’ve worked with and the counselor. How did you find the experience with that office?
Cindy, they were wonderful. So supportive and encouraging. I started working with then in April 2018. With their help I was able to understand the weight loss process and successfully lost 100 pounds to achieve the BMI Dr Morales required for a safer surgery. Yes, Dr Morales was very thorough. ;) But really they all took excellent care of me, listened and gave thoughtful advice.
Nice to meet another SSM patient!

Back