• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

we interrupt our regular programming for...

the the streets dried overnight although there was still snow in the trees but from listen to the traffic I could tell that there was no problem with the surface of the streets. So I decided to go run my errands.

there wasn't any weather speak of when I went out and there wasn't any weather speak of when I went out and I ran a few errands and then I turn the corner onto the street where my drug store is and the entire block was just a sick mini blizzard. One second, nothing next second Donner Pass.

When I went to the pharmacy they did not have my prescription ready although as you know, it was sent in two days ago. There is no excuse for them not to have filled my prescription. I gave them plenty of time.

When the clerk finally found my prescription and handed it over to the pharmacist to fill, she came back and told me it would be about 15 minutes. Snow was pouring down thick, but not sticking. Still, visibility was bad and I was in the middle of Badcaliforniadriverland!

I went back up to the counter and said, "Listen, I am not a bitch, but I have to have that prescription right now. I cannot wait 15 minutes because the snow is coming down hard and I am terrified of driving in it. I already let one day pass in order to give you plenty of time to fill the prescription. I cannot wait another minute. I have two more errands to run on steep hills before I can get home." She used all her checkers skills to deal with me as I was on the verge of hysteria. And I went to sit down and wait and then suddenly thought about bagging the whole thing it.

I went back to the counter and asked for her supervisor. The chief pharmacist came over to me and I started my rant but she interrupts me to say "Your prescription is ready."

So, that worked. But the snow was now coming down twice as hard. I still stopped my car in the parking lot a couple times in order to let pedestrians cross. Then I took the back road to my next errand and after that was the trial by fire, driving down the hill from 42nd Avenue down Alaska to Avalon to Genesee and somehow making it into my parking lot without sliding all over the place. This was driving a 200 foot elevation gain down slippery streets.

You folks who live in snowy climates know all about this kind of stuff and you are prepared and my little blizzard here in Seattle is nothing compared to what you are facing now they put in your inevitable ice storms where you get enough ice on the power lines to be as big around as a coffee can. Saw that on the news this morning.

Of course, I took some pictures but I can't capture the snow falling, even when I set my camera to sports mode. Please enjoy this silly album of pictures that looked like an early spring day instead of a driving hazard in a town with nothing but Hills.

the the streets dried overnight although there was still snow in the trees but from listen to the traffic I could tell that there was no problem with the surface of the streets. So I decided to go run my errands.

there wasn't any weather speak of when I went out and there wasn't any weather speak of when I went out and I ran a few errands and then I turn the corner onto the street where my drug store is and the entire block was just a sick mini blizzard. One second, nothing next second Donner Pass.

When I went to the pharmacy they did not have my prescription ready although as you know, it was sent in two days ago. There is no excuse for them not to have filled my prescription. I gave them plenty of time.

When the clerk finally found my prescription and handed it over to the pharmacist to fill, she came back and told me it would be about 15 minutes. Snow was pouring down thick, but not sticking. Still, visibility was bad and I was in the middle of Badcaliforniadriverland!

I went back up to the counter and said, "Listen, I am not a bitch, but I have to have that prescription right now. I cannot wait 15 minutes because the snow is coming down hard and I am terrified of driving in it. I already let one day pass in order to give you plenty of time to fill the prescription. I cannot wait another minute. I have two more errands to run on steep hills before I can get home." She used all her checkers skills to deal with me as I was on the verge of hysteria. And I went to sit down and wait and then suddenly thought about bagging the whole thing it.

I went back to the counter and asked for her supervisor. The chief pharmacist came over to me and I started my rant but she interrupts me to say "Your prescription is ready."

So, that worked. But the snow was now coming down twice as hard. I still stopped my car in the parking lot a couple times in order to let pedestrians cross. Then I took the back road to my next errand and after that was the trial by fire, driving down the hill from 42nd Avenue down Alaska to Avalon to Genesee and somehow making it into my parking lot without sliding all over the place. This was driving a 200 foot elevation gain down slippery streets.

You folks who live in snowy climates know all about this kind of stuff and you are prepared and my little blizzard here in Seattle is nothing compared to what you are facing now they put in your inevitable ice storms where you get enough ice on the power lines to be as big around as a coffee can. Saw that on the news this morning.

Of course, I took some pictures but I can't capture the snow falling, even when I set my camera to sports mode. Please enjoy this silly album of pictures that looked like an early spring day instead of a driving hazard in a town with nothing but Hills.

Glad you started the Rx Diane!

I have to giggle at these pics... nothing like the foot of snow we saw last month. ;)

I have to giggle at these pics... nothing like the foot of snow we saw last month. ;)
I know, right? People who are used to driving in the snow actually preferr if the snow is quite a lot deeper. You get a lot more traction on 6in of snow than on a millimeter of ice. And of course that's the problem here. Our temperatures fluctuate so quickly that there's a free thaw freeze thaw freeze thaw death trip that creates a virtual skating rink for everyone on the streets of Seattle.

And by the time I finished writing that post, the snow had completely stopped. Now I am listening to spinning tires as they try to go up the street next to my building. Fools!

I know, right? People who are used to driving in the snow actually preferr if the snow is quite a lot deeper. You get a lot more traction on 6in of snow than on a millimeter of ice. And of course that's the problem here. Our temperatures fluctuate so quickly that there's a free thaw freeze thaw freeze thaw death trip that creates a virtual skating rink for everyone on the streets of Seattle.

And by the time I finished writing that post, the snow had completely stopped. Now I am listening to spinning tires as they try to go up the street next to my building. Fools!

While our winters aren't as bad in Indiana as they are in NY, I agree with you! Although, I love having at least a couple of beautiful snow falls and this year we have really only had one good one that lasted a week. Now we are living with the gray skies and fog everywhere all of the time. With how thick it is, I would much prefer the snow to the fog. Hope to get at least one more good snow in before spring. :)

Back