• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Coffee

I never stopped. No logic to it, unless your doc can prove caffeine somehow interferes with the weight loss procedure.

I don't know what a "bariatric coordinator" is but I can tell you, based on members' posts here, that people get all kinds of conflicting information. If you used caffeine before surgery, please express the coordinator's logic in telling you you must wait.

I've seen it posted before, but as of yet, I've never heard a sane argument for quitting. In my experience, people have a tendency to advise you to stop doing things based on OPINION, not actual scientific research.

BTW, my surgeon told me I should be the poster child for bariatric surgery. And the University of Washington followed me for 7 years as part of a federal study where I passed all the milestones perfectly. Try not to imagine the horrible, or things you need to give up, or THINK you have to give up. Especially in America, our culture is so messed up when it comes to diet. Just make a list of every fad diet you ever heard of or participated in. PUH-leeeeeeze!

And with caffeine, which is in most soft drinks, I think that's where the bias arises.

Back