• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Confused

Neek-Neek

Hello my name is Kenita. I am a 50 year old mother of 4 and grandmother of two. I qualified for RNY and gastric sleeve. My bmi is 35 currently I have high blood pressure and arthritis in my back and knees. I also have chronic plantar fasciitis on my feet. I am confused which surgery to have.
From my understanding bypass patients keep the weight off for more years than VGS patients. My fear with gastric bypass surgery is I may lose to much weight. In the past I lost 100lbs with diet and exercise, depending on my weight I gain between 40-60lbs of weight regain. I know from experience I don’t want to lose too much weight. I hated how I looked when I lost a lot of weight. I would like to ask a few questions.

1. After 2 years does most people with sleeve surgery regain their weight back? From what I have seen on YouTube most VGS patients regain their weight. Is this true for gastric bypass?

2. For gastric bypass patients how do you deal with the foul smelling flatulence and bowel movements? (Pray this doesn’t offend anyone)
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with my question or any experience you may have with gastric bypass or VGS❤️

Hi Kenita. I had gastric bypass May 31, 2023. My highest weight at the beginning of the year-long program was 291. I was 259 the day of surgery and I am at 189 now. I chose bypass over sleeve because there is a higher incidence of acid reflux with the sleeve and I didn't want to chance that. I am really happy with the bypass and know it was the right decision for me.

Hi Kenita. I had gastric bypass May 31, 2023. My highest weight at the beginning of the year-long program was 291. I was 259 the day of surgery and I am at 189 now. I chose bypass over sleeve because there is a higher incidence of acid reflux with the sleeve and I didn't want to chance that. I am really happy with the bypass and know it was the right decision for me.
Wow you had surgery on my birthday ❤️ thanks so much. Can I ask you with bypass do you have foul gas and bowl movement. The reason for my concern is I am not married but do plan to date.

I did some research like you online and I found out it all depends, on whether both Surgeries are good and whether they both can regain weight if you do not have your parts, In the end is all up to us, so far so good with my sleeve, the shape will never go away, meaning they took 80% of the stomach, you do not recovery that never, you can stretch it but like before, that is why my surgeon said. and you cannot put too much food in that pouch and then the appetite is not there no more, the rest is up to me, eat right and exercise, I hope I learn my lesson of the last 15 years and do not let myself go and do something right until I reach my 70's and leave a healthy life, that is why I did it. hope my case helps.

Can I ask you with bypass do you have foul gas and bowl movement. The reason for my concern is I am not married but do plan to date.
theonlydiet.jpg

I had bypass surgery in 2008. It's a major surgery and healing took months. Everyone is different but most people have at least a few symptoms you can find listed in federal medical sites. However, many of these symptoms are temporary. In my case, I'd lost all my weight and felt normal at 11 months post-op. The thing you need to remember is that everyone is different, and your mental outlook and reflexes can affect your physical success or failure. I do not have foul-smelling gas or stool, except as a normal response to certain foods which are associated with causing gas.

The surgery is only a tool, and it helps, but it's not a magic potion and you can defeat it completely by not working on your mental perceptions. Just look at anorexics & bulimics, who see their blimpy bodies reflected in mirrors when they are actually skeletal.

If I could have received one piece of advice as I was preparing for surgery, it would have been "Calm down!" You cannot control the outcome. The power you have as a person recovering from the surgery is to work on your mental health. Affirmations are especially powerful.

I had the bypass. I got lower than my goal weight and I am still below my goal weight . it will be 4 years in June since I had my surgery.

I'll be honest, 4 members of my family have had the sleeve, and numerous coworkers, with less results than they had hoped for, including my husband. My husband is mostly maintaining, as am I. M
The others I mentioned are not. That being said, it is a lot of work regardless of which choice you make.

I don't think my gas is any worse, amount or smell, than it was prior to surgery.

Wow you had surgery on my birthday ❤️ thanks so much. Can I ask you with bypass do you have foul gas and bowl movement. The reason for my concern is I am not married but do plan to date.
I had vile gas before my surgery. I have irritable bowel syndrome and it continued after my surgery. There are charcoal pads you can buy to put in your underwear for such gaseous emergencies (ha, ha) but I haven't tried them yet.

I did some research like you online and I found out it all depends, on whether both Surgeries are good and whether they both can regain weight if you do not have your parts, In the end is all up to us, so far so good with my sleeve, the shape will never go away, meaning they took 80% of the stomach, you do not recovery that never, you can stretch it but like before, that is why my surgeon said. and you cannot put too much food in that pouch and then the appetite is not there no more, the rest is up to me, eat right and exercise, I hope I learn my lesson of the last 15 years and do not let myself go and do something right until I reach my 70's and leave a healthy life, that is why I did it. hope my case helps.
Yes thank you for sharing

I had the bypass. I got lower than my goal weight and I am still below my goal weight . it will be 4 years in June since I had my surgery.

I'll be honest, 4 members of my family have had the sleeve, and numerous coworkers, with less results than they had hoped for, including my husband. My husband is mostly maintaining, as am I. M
The others I mentioned are not. That being said, it is a lot of work regardless of which choice you make.

I don't think my gas is any worse, amount or smell, than it was prior to surgery.
Thank you for sharing

View attachment 5740
I had bypass surgery in 2008. It's a major surgery and healing took months. Everyone is different but most people have at least a few symptoms you can find listed in federal medical sites. However, many of these symptoms are temporary. In my case, I'd lost all my weight and felt normal at 11 months post-op. The thing you need to remember is that everyone is different, and your mental outlook and reflexes can affect your physical success or failure. I do not have foul-smelling gas or stool, except as a normal response to certain foods which are associated with causing gas.

The surgery is only a tool, and it helps, but it's not a magic potion and you can defeat it completely by not working on your mental perceptions. Just look at anorexics & bulimics, who see their blimpy bodies reflected in mirrors when they are actually skeletal.

If I could have received one piece of advice as I was preparing for surgery, it would have been "Calm down!" You cannot control the outcome. The power you have as a person recovering from the surgery is to work on your mental health. Affirmations are especially powerful.
Thank you so much

Thank you for sharing

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out to the admin team regarding the possibility of purchasing backlinks for my website. I'm looking to boost its visibility and traffic, and I believe backlinks could really help with that.

I'm willing to pay a fair price for quality backlinks, and I'm open to discussing the details further. Here are a few examples of the kind of links I'm interested in:

Xem Th?m
HD 0 0% Asian Sex Diary – Adelia Part 4 February 18 2019
Mistress Lola Ruin

If you're interested or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via private message. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks a bunch!

What is Getgrass.io?

Getgrass.io is a browser extension that allows you to monetize your idle bandwidth by becoming a node operator in a peer-to-peer network.

Getting started with Getgrass.io is very easy and simple. All you need to do is follow these steps:

Download and install the Getgrass.io extension from the Chrome Web Store.
Create an account and log in to the extension.
Start earning Grass Points as you browse the web normally.

Here is the invite link
Grass: Earn a Stake in the AI Revolution

Use this refcode for 5K points bonus: bpT2oCUWVkxjYsg

if you are interested with increasing your earnings with grass just email me
serru.wdwd@mail.ru

Hello my name is Kenita. I am a 50 year old mother of 4 and grandmother of two. I qualified for RNY and gastric sleeve. My bmi is 35 currently I have high blood pressure and arthritis in my back and knees. I also have chronic plantar fasciitis on my feet. I am confused which surgery to have.
From my understanding bypass patients keep the weight off for more years than VGS patients. My fear with gastric bypass surgery is I may lose to much weight. In the past I lost 100lbs with diet and exercise, depending on my weight I gain between 40-60lbs of weight regain. I know from experience I don’t want to lose too much weight. I hated how I looked when I lost a lot of weight. I would like to ask a few questions.

1. After 2 years does most people with sleeve surgery regain their weight back? From what I have seen on YouTube most VGS patients regain their weight. Is this true for gastric bypass?

2. For gastric bypass patients how do you deal with the foul smelling flatulence and bowel movements? (Pray this doesn’t offend anyone)
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with my question or any experience you may have with gastric bypass or VGS❤️
I had RNY because I had GERD, which the sleeve can make worse. Not everyone looses a lot of weight after bariatric surgery. Three years out I'm only 20 lbs less than my surgery weight. I don't have foul smelling flatulence or BM's very often. The surgery works differently on each person, and sadly, you won't know how your body will act until afterwards. For me, I can consume sugar with no issues (as discovered when my daughter gave me a tea with sugar in it). However, fish and chicken make me feel like I'm eating rocks (which is very frustrating as I love both).

I have a sister who lost 2/3 of her highest body weight, but she just replaced her food addiction with alcohol, then cigars. My other sister that had the surgery is still overweight, having lost a small amount of weight.

I'm not trying to scare you, or anyone else, out of getting the surgery. I'm just being realistic in what you might experience. I regret daily getting the surgery as it's been more harmful than beneficial for me. I take more medications now, am in constant pain that I can no longer take NSAID's for, and have high cholester (which I never had before my surgery). It's great for some, but not for others.

Back