• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

16 Months Post & Havent hit 100lb mark

SwtHrt7

I am having serious issues with myself lately. I am feeling like I am failing myself and my surgery was pointless. I have not even lost 100lbs since surgery. Not even 100lbs total. My highest was 322 my current is 227, before surgery I was like 307. I just feel like a complete failure. I try to make healthy food choices but I can see myself starting old habits. More of the mental-eating instead of for actual hunger. I have that "i am constantly hungry" in my head but I know it isnt hunger. I dont know how to cope with this. Having started a new job a few months ago I am also now in a job where I am at a desk/computer all day.

I am having serious issues with myself lately. I am feeling like I am failing myself and my surgery was pointless. I have not even lost 100lbs since surgery. Not even 100lbs total. My highest was 322 my current is 227, before surgery I was like 307. I just feel like a complete failure. I try to make healthy food choices but I can see myself starting old habits. More of the mental-eating instead of for actual hunger. I have that "i am constantly hungry" in my head but I know it isnt hunger. I dont know how to cope with this. Having started a new job a few months ago I am also now in a job where I am at a desk/computer all day.

Please dont feel like a failure. A picture is worth a thousand words and looking at your before and after picture is quite a difference. You look wonderful! You are very pretty and have come a very long way! Sure you have more to lose as do I, but don't get discouraged. You will do it! I am determined to do it too!!! We will succeed!!! You only have 67 more pounds to go which isn't all that much, you are almost 100 pounds down ( 95 lbs) from your heaviest weight. That is such a difference in how you feel, and how your health affects your body. Go to Walmart or whatever store and to the dog food isle. Pick up two 50 lb bags of dog food and try to lift them at the same time. Then you will realize what an amazing amount of weight you have dropped already.

I myself am at a plateau for the last month. I will drop weight again, this has happened to me several times before. I will just change my menu at bit, more protein, less carbs.. if you eat more protein you won't get as hungry plus the body loses and then it stabilizes and then will drop more again. Don't get discouraged. We can help each other to stay motivated, I have about the same weight to go as you do to get to goal, about 60 pounds. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

Cheyenne, thanks a lot. Today was a very rough emotional day. My husband is very supportive and he pretty much was trying to say the same thing but didn't quite come out the same way. Mostly because he doesn't completely understand how I feel since actually having surgery. But you're absolutely right ... I'm gonna make that picture my background on my phone for a constant reminder !
You are right WE CAN DO THIS! We wouldn't have chosen this path if we couldn't!
Thank you thank you thank you soooooo much for the great wisdom/advice! I needed it from someone who REALLY could understand EXACTLY what I am feeling.

Cheyenne, thanks a lot. Today was a very rough emotional day. My husband is very supportive and he pretty much was trying to say the same thing but didn't quite come out the same way. Mostly because he doesn't completely understand how I feel since actually having surgery. But you're absolutely right ... I'm gonna make that picture my background on my phone for a constant reminder !
You are right WE CAN DO THIS! We wouldn't have chosen this path if we couldn't!
Thank you thank you thank you soooooo much for the great wisdom/advice! I needed it from someone who REALLY could understand EXACTLY what I am feeling.

You're welcome SwtHrt! We all get discouraged at some time on our journey. After all, this is not easy. Every pound lost is a small victory and it all adds up to us reaching our healthy weight! Life is so much better as the pounds melt off.

Keep up the great work and give your husband a big hug for being there for you. :) We all need support from our loved ones and friends, it makes our journey much more bearable.

You are so right! Most all of us on this forum understand exactly what you are going through.. Please feel free to write as often as you like to the forum or send a private message to me anytime you need to talk. :eek:

Cheyenne

I agree.... don't feel like a failure bc you have done a great job in getting the weight off.... Do you count calories?

SwrHrt, what are you eating, how many times a day are you eating, are you having 3 dairies a day + a Greek yogurt, how many grams a complex carbs are you consuming a day..

Are you staying away from processed foods, processed sugars and food like substances?

Are you measuring your amounts of foods?

How many ounces of protein are you consuming a day?

I found out that complex carbs are very important the further out you are...

Do NOT feel like a failure by any means you have lost close to 100 pounds that's pretty damn awesome

SwrHrt, what are you eating, how many times a day are you eating, are you having 3 dairies a day + a Greek yogurt, how many grams a complex carbs are you consuming a day..

Are you staying away from processed foods, processed sugars and food like substances?

Are you measuring your amounts of foods?

How many ounces of protein are you consuming a day?

I found out that complex carbs are very important the further out you are...

Do NOT feel like a failure by any means you have lost close to 100 pounds that's pretty damn awesome
Complex carbs are important---how? I'm not getting your meaning,

Complex carbs are important---how? I'm not getting your meaning,

According to my Nut... Carbs are very important in helping to keep the brain fed and metabolism moving along..

Carbohydrates add essential calories to the diet and are the first to be utilized for energy, thereby sparing protein. Carbohydrates are necessary also because they are the fuel preferred by the brain. Carbohydrates in the form of fruits and vegetables provide antioxidants, especially necessary during rapid weight loss. In addition, higher intensity resistance exercises can be introduced into the program at an early stage to enhance metabolism by minimizing loss of lean body mass.

No where did I say huge amounts, I was told to increase mine by 10 to 15 grams a day, it is a matter of keeping your complex carb intake within your food plans guidelines..

I have written on this before regarding plateauing and increasing your complex by no more than an additional 5 to 10 grams of complex carbs in order to get things back on track....

Back