• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 Week Liquid Diet Start

Shawna, did you get a written diet when you went in for your pre-op tests and labs? You should have gotten one. They're pretty simple but I don't know what is allowed these days because I had surgery so long ago.

You've been here for a little while and I think people have been talking about their diets but if you do a search for "pre-op diet" in the search box above you get a million posts that contain information in detail.

Are you totally psyched!?

Shawna, did you get a written diet when you went in for your pre-op tests and labs? You should have gotten one. They're pretty simple but I don't know what is allowed these days because I had surgery so long ago.

You've been here for a little while and I think people have been talking about their diets but if you do a search for "pre-op diet" in the search box above you get a million posts that contain information in detail.

Are you totally psyched!?
Yes I did and I certainly am!!!!

Beginning today I began my pre surgery 2 week liquid diet. Any suggestions?
The only thing I would say is this: As best as you can, stick to it!!! The pre-surgery diet is as important as the post-surgery diet to shrink your liver and start resetting your system, and make the procedure as safe as possible. I'm sure you'll do great and that surgery date will be here in no time at all!

The only thing I would say is this: As best as you can, stick to it!!! The pre-surgery diet is as important as the post-surgery diet to shrink your liver and start resetting your system, and make the procedure as safe as possible. I'm sure you'll do great and that surgery date will be here in no time at all!
It's quite a challenge and you may feel weak and have a headache, but it's essential in order to shrink your liver prior to surgery. You'll be amazed how much weight you'll lose in two weeks just by sticking to that regimen for a while! Hang in there, it gets better.

Back