• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

24 hours post surgery

KB, I am sorry you have nausea even with the medication. This will pass. I had surgery in June and there is so much I can't remember after my surgery because I got very sick - my surgery site got infected and I had sepsis. At the time I had all sorts of regrets for having the surgery, BUT... once I was on the mend all those regrets have vanished. I know (and want others to know) that what happened to me is rare. I am able to enjoy the benefits now of eating less, eating healthier and losing weight. the saying "this too shall pass" is so true. Hang in there, you WILL feel better and before you know it your clothes will be too big and the scale will be making you smile!

My surgery was Monday afternoon. Between the patch and antinausea tabs, mine was fairy under control. I did have some today, but quickly took my zofran and it helped a lot. How’s your drinking? I think I was drinking too fast which made me feel nauseous.

24 hours sorry
What procedure did you have? Why are you still in the hospital? I don't know what is typical but most people seem to go home the next day or the same day. I had an open procedure with a 7in incision so I had to stay in the hospital for a few days. Whatever is going on with you right now will pass, as Judy said. I personally have had root canal surgery that was worse than the way I felt after my gastric bypass. Get the painkillers ( I refilled mine twice) and take laxatives because they will constipate you, and then it's just a matter of hours before you'll feel better and better and better.

I am 24 post surgery - still in the hospital. The nausea is so horrible even with the nausea medication. How long did the nausea last for everyone? I know everyone is different but I’m just curious. Kinda feeling like wtf did I do to myself.
If you don't have the patch request it. I get horrible nauseated and after each of my csections I vomited horrible for about 30 mins straight once the meds started to leave my system. With this surgery they gave me medication prior to surgery, medication after and put the patch on before I headed into surgery and I didn't have a single issue with nausea. The patch is good for 3 days.

I’m back home now and doing much better, boy those 48 hours were rough!
I'm glad to hear that you're back home and feeling better. Did your Dr. gave you a Rx for an anti-nauseous to take. He wrote it out with 5-6 refills. He said that it often takes your body this much time to adjust to the new stomach. I take mine every am, first thing and haven't had any issues. Take care and it does get better!

Back