• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

A little lonely

Keyarms

I feel like noone around me understands me I mean I'm a emotional wreck...my family say they are here for me but I don't think they seriously understand the mental and physical this takes on your mind, body and soul... sometimes I just want to run away where nobody knows me or can judge me ....or dictate my pain ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....sorry had a moment

I feel like noone around me understands me I mean I'm a emotional wreck...my family say they are here for me but I don't think they seriously understand the mental and physical this takes on your mind, body and soul... sometimes I just want to run away where nobody knows me or can judge me ....or dictate my pain ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....sorry had a moment
Omg i’m The same way ! I don’t think they really know what we are going though.A lot of worrying and yeah i’m Kinda scared with the surgery . I’ve tried Nutrisytm .Atkins and went to weight management classes at kaiser and for years struggled to lose weight. So here I am and nervous as heck. But i’m gonna go through with it .

I have had the surgery but it's like my husband don't understand my mom don't understand ughhh I'm just stuck with all this pressure on me but God has a plan
Did your husband or mom go with you to any of you pre op appointments. Did you explain how it works. Have you explain this so you can live a longer healthier live. You don’t need the pressure. You body need time to heal. I’m glad you grouped this group. We are here to support. Good luck.

They took me to the appointments but barely came back, I think they all deep down had their reasons for me not to get it and now I feel like I'm a burden I can't remember which one said it but they called me a love burden ....I also have to have two hip replacements so I was already handicap so now this just added to it SMH I just feel unwanted and cripple I mean I know this was to better me but as we all know what happens when a ez junk food addict gets depressed???? We eat right so I had been doing terrible at what to eat and how much I just want to eat and cry at time ughhhh I should have thought this through before I did this I honestly feel alone

It is definitely hard when it feels like people are not in full support of you. Unless someone has gone through this or is going through it, there is no way to understand. Food addiction is a very serious problem but everyone seems to make light of it. It just takes a bit of self control, you don't have to exercise, just go out with us for dinner because it is no big deal.... Things like that take their toll on us for sure. Have you found a local support group? This is actually very common with a lot of bariatric patients. My sister constantly tells me if I'm tired, I don't have to exercise because I had the surgery and that will fix it all. Stay strong and keep remembering why you are doing this. While it is great to have the support around you, remember that only you are on this journey and only you can make the choices to keep moving forward. Keep your head up and your eyes on your goal. You will get there! (And don't worry, we all have these moments ;))

Back