• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

anyone who feels hungry every 3-4 hours?

mam

I'm a year out from surgery, just curious if anyone else out there feels hungry every 3 to 4 hours? I've begun adding chia seeds to my morning yogurt and sometimes slivered almonds for more fiber to feel fuller. I'll eat it between 7 am - 730 but then i feel hungry again by 11 am. It's definitely hunger I am feeling. Any ideas besides drinking more liquids to deal with this? I will eat a small lunch (some protein such as peanut butter or turkey and a cheesestick along with a small box of raisins) at 12 but I'm really hungry again by 245/3 PM. Does anyone else have this type of hunger pattern? Just curious!

I eat every few hours. I wss told to eat 5-6 small meals a day so that is what I do. Even 3+ years out. I don't have any problems with doing so. I eat oatmeal every morning. A snack of yogurt, frozen berries and a bit of dry cereal for a snack every day. Everything else varies. If you stick to healthy options, this should not be an issue.

Most people don't drink the recommended amount of water. If they did, they would feel much less hungry for a number of reasons. Do a web search on the benefits of drinking water when trying to lose weight. It's shocking.

Back