• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

April 16 the roller coaster has begun

Cmbr1109

Well it began a few days ago. The mental game has started. Can I really be successful at this? Will I be able to have a sane food life??? On and on. PreOp diet starts 4/2. I am hoping that I am not the only person struggling to stay on task with this decision.

Once the end is in sight, its hard not to start questioning your decision. Honestly, I thought about leaving the hospital, right up to the point when they injected the drugs lol Change is scary AF!! Especially when its truly a life altering, forever change. No wonder you're questioning yourself. It is natural, very common and you'll be fine .. Seriously.

You CAN be successful at this. You absolutely CAN have a sane food life. I will be 4 years post op in June. I'm still under my goal weight (although, not at my lowest weight. But that was expected), I still get to enjoy food, coffee and occasional desserts. And I cannot stress this enough .. I feel A M A Z I N G !!! At 53, I feel better than I have felt in decades. Yes, multiple decades with an S.

You're doing one of the best things you can do for your long-term health and quality of life. I have zero regrets and would make the same decision again and again.

Yes, it is a mind game. It's normal to have all the doubts and fears, and question it right up to the moment. I remember thinking if I'm going to back out, it better be before I do two weeks of the liquid diet, lol. It would be a travesty to go through all of that and then not be successful. I'm at 3 months post op and I can tell you that I get hungry, eat a small amount of food that I enjoy, and feel good again. It's a feeling I haven't had in so long, I forgot what that was like. I'm currently eating cold rotisserie chicken with sugar free honey mustard, and a mandarin orange. (about to do a workout, need some carbs for that) The fact that I can only eat small amounts doesn't bother me because I'm not left feeling hungry and looking at the food on the table. I eat, I'm satisfied, and I'm good. It's amazing.

Back