• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bad indigestion

JaneJoy

Hello, I have had several diagnostic test after my gastric bypass with no significant findings but after 7 weeks I am still vomiting after eating and drinking which is proceeded by bad heartburn and indigestion. Any suggestions? I take Pecid AC 40mg I felt sicker with 80mg twice a day. My doctor seems to feel it will go away with more weightloss. I have lost 40 lbs but am just concerned about going back to work or out in public as my sickness is sudden. Has this happened to anyone? I could use encouragement. Thanks

Jane, I had acid reflux/Barretts esophagus pre surgery as well. I still get episodes 3+ years after my bypass if I eat the wrong things or eating too fast.

You are still fairly early out. You may still be swollen, which would push the food back up. I can only suggest you eat very slowly, chew your food to a puree consistency and stop eating/drinking when you are no longer hungry. Not when you feel full, as soon as you are no longer hungry.

I strongly suggest getting a gastroenterologist, if you don't already have one. Both my regular Dr. And my bariatric surgeon were like, we can take care of this. But I already had a gastroenterologist and I'm so glad I did. My bariatric team is great but their main concern is weight loss, always. My gastro is concerned with finding the best treatment for my issues, EVEN if the medication MAY cause weight gain lol (side note: the medication has not caused weight gain AND is only needed occasionally now that my gastro got me all healed up!!)

Back