• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Carbs and Calories

Hi everyone, is 100 carbs and 1200 calories a day reasonable numbers to stick with?
Ask your doctor. We are not qualified to answer medical and dietary questions about diet or anything relating to losing weight or maintaining a healthy weight.

AGAIN, ASK YOUR DOCTOR OR MEDICAL TEAM, not this support group.

My doctor says not to count calories or carbs but from what I've heard it's more like 20-55 g of carbs a day and 1000-1200 calories. I'm not a doctor but if your interested my doctor says-Do not eat until super hungry (such as around 12pm or 1pm and then pick your fat source, then your protein source, then an optional vegetable. Eat 1-3 meals a day including butter, avocado, cheese, eggs, bacon, meat, low carb veggies and things like that. Eat slowly putting your fork down after every bite and stop when you're barely full. I still struggle with lots of chaotic food thoughts thinking I need to do a different diet but that works very quickly as far as weight loss.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!!! I did talk to a nutritionist, and she said to keep it at less than 50 carbs a day and to pay attention to macronutrients instead of calories. Thanks for your reply!

Absolutely, maintaining a daily intake of 100 carbs and 1200 calories can be a reasonable approach for some individuals, especially those undergoing bariatric surgery. However, it's essential to consult with a healthcare provider or nutritionist to ensure these numbers align with your specific needs and goals. Every person's body is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another.

If you're considering bariatric surgery and need guidance on finding reputable clinics or obtaining more information, I recommend reaching out to PlacidWay Medical Tourism. They offer comprehensive resources and assistance for individuals seeking bariatric procedures.

If you're considering bariatric surgery and need guidance on finding reputable clinics or obtaining more information, I recommend reaching out to LINK REMOVED.They offer comprehensive resources and assistance for individuals seeking bariatric procedures.
It's inappropriate (and so stated in group guidelines) to refer group members to private practitioners or clinics, and especially so if you are a doctor or medical professional. I have reported your postings to group administration.

Back