• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 2 Pre-Op Diet

Terissa602

Hello everyone I am on day 2 of my preop liquid diet and I feel so misconbobulated. I want to eat a cracker or 2 but I keep telling myself. I am in control of what I eat and if I want my surgery on August 11th, 2021 to be a success I have to follow the doctor orders. I can be a big baby sometimes but I keep telling myself I am strong and I can do this!! As far as my surgery coming up soon I am very nervous and scared. My doctor tells me that I am a perfect candidate because I am healthy and I have no medical issues besides my rheumatoid arthritis. During my 3 month journey before my preop diet I lost 18 pounds. Which was very hard for me to do but I did it. WIsh me luck!! Cause I am so hungry

Good luck! We can be surgery buddies because our Surgeries are on the same day!

You can do this! Don't think of how much longer you have to be on the preop diet, take it one moment at a time. Every time you think about something you'd rather eat but don't is a victory! You are on your way to a gold medal!

Hello everyone I am on day 2 of my preop liquid diet and I feel so misconbobulated. I want to eat a cracker or 2 but I keep telling myself. I am in control of what I eat and if I want my surgery on August 11th, 2021 to be a success I have to follow the doctor orders. I can be a big baby sometimes but I keep telling myself I am strong and I can do this!! As far as my surgery coming up soon I am very nervous and scared. My doctor tells me that I am a perfect candidate because I am healthy and I have no medical issues besides my rheumatoid arthritis. During my 3 month journey before my preop diet I lost 18 pounds. Which was very hard for me to do but I did it. WIsh me luck!! Cause I am so hungry
The first couple days of my pre op were really hard. I just wanted to able to chew something. You can do this. You are strong and you got this. I’m four days surgical post op and I can tell you that I’m grateful for that pre op. It prepared me for post op. I’m doing great and you will too. Get your shakes in. Take advantage of broths, and jello and whatever you can have. I found decaf tea cold really helped keep me full. Go for it. Get creative. It really will help.

You can totally do it. After a few days of crappy liquid food, I was like forget it, I don't want to eat anyway lol My program gave me the liquids I was allowed to eat. Shakes, soups and a few lemon puddings for lunch. All of the powdered/just add water variety. The broccoli cheese soup was SO bad. And the cream of chicken was like eating liquid cardboard.
That being said, if you are allowed soups, eat them. I know a lot of people just do protein shakes but eating something warm, with utensils!! really does help. Add a few seasoning mixes to any soups you're eating. It will boost the flavor and give you a little more satisfaction at least.
It is going to be SO WORTH IT! Hang in there, ladies. You're surgery date will be here in no time.

I'm on my second day as well. I didn't know I would this hungry. That's great that you were able to lose 18 pounds. Good luck to you. It doesn't sound like you'll need luck!

You can do it!

Back