• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Day 4 liquid diet is this how I should feel?

Leiabeedoh

Ok, so I’m just going to say it all and then ask if it all seems normal.

diarrhea, nausea, exhaustion, so tired. My stomach does not like anything except bouillon, sugar-free Jell-O ,the clear protein drinks, and water everything else makes the diarrhea worse. and I’m napping. A lot.

sound pretty normal?

I wouldn't say it is abnormal, but you should contact your bariatric clinic about diarrhea. I had it pretty bad off and on the first couple of weeks until I got to the puree diet. Actually, I alternated between diarrhea and constipation. They may be hesitant to prescribe an anti-diarrheal or want you to take something specific, but it can contribute a great deal to dehydration, so continuously sipping water and other liquids is key. You might consider adding in something with electrolytes. I started getting extreme cravings for pickle juice and salty stuff that went away after I started getting my electrolytes balanced.

Low energy and nausea are pretty normal things at this stage. You've been through major surgery on your stomach, and your body is healing and recovering in many ways. Stay in touch with your surgeon, get some advice on dealing with diarrhea and if they didn't prescribe an antiemetic, ask for one.

diarrhea, nausea, exhaustion, so tired. My stomach does not like anything except bouillon, sugar-free Jell-O ,the clear protein drinks, and water everything else makes the diarrhea worse. and I’m napping. A lot.

sound pretty normal?

Are you still pre-op until the 3rd of Feb? If this is post-op, the answer would be different. If this is your pre-op diet, no worries. It will soon be over. If it's post-op, check your paperwork explaining symptoms and contact your medical team.

You definitely don't want diarrhea to continue, as many group members can tell you. Very dangerous.

Are you still pre-op until the 3rd of Feb? If this is post-op, the answer would be different. If this is your pre-op diet, no worries. It will soon be over. If it's post-op, check your paperwork explaining symptoms and contact your medical team.

You definitely don't want diarrhea to continue, as many group members can tell you. Very dangerous.
Yes pre op sorry about the confusion.

I’m in a good place. Not excited per say but resolved and determined.
im not worried about the surgery, I’ve had a laparoscopic to remove my gall bladder 20years ago and major back surgery in 2008. So I know what’s happening, know it will take as long as it takes to get up and running.
im looking forward to starting this knew chapter in my life, All in all mentally I’m positive, and ready to go.

I’m in a good place. Not excited per say but resolved and determined.
im not worried about the surgery, I’ve had a laparoscopic to remove my gall bladder 20years ago and major back surgery in 2008. So I know what’s happening, know it will take as long as it takes to get up and running.
im looking forward to starting this knew chapter in my life, All in all mentally I’m positive, and ready to go.
Well, that is good. I wish you the best! Check in and let us know how you are doing when you are able to.

Back