• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Essay spam

Is there anything that I can do to avoid the numerous advertisements for essay writing on almost all of our posts. It is very annoying and hard to read the various threads when there are so many long (not in the subject) writings to go through. Sometimes, I think that I might be missing a "real" post while scrolling through these annoying posts. Thank you.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid the numerous advertisements for essay writing on almost all of our posts. It is very annoying and hard to read the various threads when there are so many long (not in the subject) writings to go through. Sometimes, I think that I might be missing a "real" post while scrolling through these annoying posts. Thank you.
It's so totally frustrating!!! I agree, I worry I'm missing something important. Have you clicked on the "Report" button on the bottom left side of his messages? I've done that to every message he posts but he still hasn't been removed yet. Maybe the more of us who do it, the more the site will listen?

Also, there is a "Contact us" link on the bottom right of the site. I've submitted multiple requests to remove him. Again, perhaps the more of us that do this, the site will finally listen? Sigh... no way to contact the administrators of this site other than that.

To anyone who has been awaiting a response - we're sorry if we missed you! Please just keep writing and hopefully we'll see your note this time!

Thank you!!! I have reported it OVER AND OVER, and it is still every single post from that guy. Very off-putting. Ready for admins to ban him or at least eliminate those posts.

Thank you!!! I have reported it OVER AND OVER, and it is still every single post from that guy. Very off-putting. Ready for admins to ban him or at least eliminate those posts.
You can also go to his profile and ignore him. At least this way, it will simply show up like this instead of the long, long, long post that it is:

If nothing else, it makes it easier to report, lol.

You can also go to his profile and ignore him. At least this way, it will simply show up like this instead of the long, long, long post that it is:
View attachment 2059

If nothing else, it makes it easier to report, lol.
Thank you for the great idea. I have just "ignore" him. I have also reported his posts as SPAM. While it's not a cureall, it's much better that having to scroll through all of his annoying posts.

Back