• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Feeling all the feels

So I am 5 weeks out now, and I have lost 1 pound in the last 2 weeks. I am exercising, eating 600-800 calories a day following the guidelines from my nutritionist, and my body is protesting change and has decided 40 pounds was enough.

I know there is such a thing as a 3 week stall, that my body is just adjusting and it will probably start losing again soon once it figures out I am not going back to old habits, but the stall is really occupying too much consciousness and making me feel like I spent $10k to lose 40 pounds, lol.

Ms Brain knows it isn't true and is temporary, however Mademoiselle Heart is not a reasonable lady and she gets pretty emotional sometimes ESPECIALLY when Ms Brain attempts applying logic to something she wants to wallow in her feels about :)

I'll just try to keep my thoughts off of it, and probably need to step off the social media 'transformation story' Ferris Wheel for a while. As inspiring as those journeys can be at different times in the process, I can also over-obsess about results that are far away from where I am now and it is just too early to be wishing I could fast forward through the next year to get to my own before/after pics!

Not sure what I am looking for in posting this, except maybe that others have felt these things too, and as with all difficult seasons of life I need to hang on to the thought that this too shall pass.

Have a blessed day :)

So I am 5 weeks out now, and I have lost 1 pound in the last 2 weeks. I am exercising, eating 600-800 calories a day following the guidelines from my nutritionist, and my body is protesting change and has decided 40 pounds was enough.

I know there is such a thing as a 3 week stall, that my body is just adjusting and it will probably start losing again soon once it figures out I am not going back to old habits, but the stall is really occupying too much consciousness and making me feel like I spent $10k to lose 40 pounds, lol.

Ms Brain knows it isn't true and is temporary, however Mademoiselle Heart is not a reasonable lady and she gets pretty emotional sometimes ESPECIALLY when Ms Brain attempts applying logic to something she wants to wallow in her feels about :)

I'll just try to keep my thoughts off of it, and probably need to step off the social media 'transformation story' Ferris Wheel for a while. As inspiring as those journeys can be at different times in the process, I can also over-obsess about results that are far away from where I am now and it is just too early to be wishing I could fast forward through the next year to get to my own before/after pics!

Not sure what I am looking for in posting this, except maybe that others have felt these things too, and as with all difficult seasons of life I need to hang on to the thought that this too shall pass.

Have a blessed day :)
Hey TW. :)

Yep, you offered support during my recent stall a couple weeks ago. Even though we know it's normal to have them, we're never ready for them emotionally.

Have you started taking measurements? Sometimes that shows your progress even better than the scale will. In September, I only lost 7 lbs (I'd been averaging double that up until then) but my measurements were great. I lost 3.5" from my waist, 4" from my hips, 2.5" from my left thigh & 2" from my right.

You know you're doing everything right, love yourself for that.

Hey TW. :)

Yep, you offered support during my recent stall a couple weeks ago. Even though we know it's normal to have them, we're never ready for them emotionally.

Have you started taking measurements? Sometimes that shows your progress even better than the scale will. In September, I only lost 7 lbs (I'd been averaging double that up until then) but my measurements were great. I lost 3.5" from my waist, 4" from my hips, 2.5" from my left thigh & 2" from my right.

You know you're doing everything right, love yourself for that.
I think I will do that this weekend, it might give me some mojo back!

Back