• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Free ebook called WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY AFTER AGE 50: The Geriatric Bariatric Life

Rlaws

Until late tomorrow night (Oct. 18, 2021), there is an Amaz*n ebook available for a free download. It is called Weight Loss Surgery After Age 50: The Geriatric Bariatric Life by Rita Laws, Ph.D. It discusses most bariatric procedures but mostly gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and stomach banding.

I've reported this person to the group administrators. No one is allowed to plug a private enterprise on this support group. Please do not support this person for abusing our guidelines and rules. Our group is for supporting each other and our issues, not for being advertised to by a person who joined 15 minutes ago for the sole purpose of exploiting us.

I have not attempted to conceal my identity in any way. I wrote this book to help other people and right now, it is free. That means no cost to people here and no profit for me. This is not "exploiting" anyone and it is not against any rule that I saw when I joined. Bariatric surgery saved my life. Many older people assume they are too old for it when they may be eligible. I'm trying to help my bariatric community. That is my agenda.

Friends, please consider asking questions before assuming that a newbie has evil intentions. I have been a professional writer for 4 decades, but about alot of the books, magazine articles and online courses I have written have been non-profit ventures. I spent three years writing and researching this ebook and don't ever expect to recoup my expenses, much less make a profit. This ebook is my gift to senior citizens like me (I am 65) who have battled obesity for years but mistakenly believe that bariatric surgery is not for folks over 50. (It will always be free for Kindle Unlimited members and I will take advantage of Amazon promotions to make the ebook free for brief periods whenever they allow me to do so.) Fact is, there is no upper age limit for bariatric surgery but most seniors assume differently. I've worked so hard to make this book accurate and helpful. It was difficult to tell the world that I once weighed almost 400 pounds but at my age, it is a good thing to share any wisdom that one has been fortunate enough to acquire.

Back