• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

good thoughts

I have had it hard and I hope the hard time is over. But I know they are not because at the end of the day I still stay strict to my diet. I may be hard but I keep to it. My kids have supported me through everything. From the time that I had surgery and then when I was wheelchair bound. They have helped me with the fact my husband did me wrong and then was deported. They supported me through every move. I could not ask for better support then my boys and this group. I keep good thoughts because they deserve the best. I am proud to say I am now at 350 at last weigh in. I go on the 30th for a final weigh in for the year and lets try to get the rest of this off. With help from my boys and support for you guys I believe I can make it. Lets just say one good thing this year was the fact that I finally was able to wear my first pair of jeans since I was pregnant with my 13 year old son. Now I think I am going clothes crazy. I love being able to wear different clothes now. Just believe after this next surgery I have found a someone that is going to get my whole closet. Alot of cute outfits but that is ok because I don't need to keep them. Hopefully next christmas santa will bless me with clothes.

I have sizes 22/24 down to 12 - I'd be more than thrilled to box them up and send them to you. If there are any sizes in that mix you can wear now - please let me know. I can send them to the laundry/cleaners to have them laundered/cleaned and boxed there and shipped to you.

I enjoy donating to local places here - but I don't enjoy donating to places that want to sell items that were donated.

I have sizes 22/24 down to 12 - I'd be more than thrilled to box them up and send them to you. If there are any sizes in that mix you can wear now - please let me know. I can send them to the laundry/cleaners to have them laundered/cleaned and boxed there and shipped to you.

I enjoy donating to local places here - but I don't enjoy donating to places that want to sell items that were donated.
That is such a nice offer Tracey! I think I am good on clothes for the time being because I have all sizes and I need to go to my "these don't fit anymore" boxes. Hopefully there is someone here that will take you up on the offer. My feeling about donating to places that will sell them is that it give the opportunity for people on a very limited budget to be able to shop for clothes. So I don't mind it. But you are doing a wonderful thing offering your clothes to people here. Kudos!

My feeling about donating to places that will sell them is that it give the opportunity for people on a very limited budget to be able to shop for clothes. So I don't mind it. But you are doing a wonderful thing offering your clothes to people here. Kudos!
[/QUOTE]

Around here if you donate to Goodwill - if your donated items are name brand - they research the brand and sell it for 50% off the original price. If you donate $100 pair of pants - they sell them for $50.00 - that just screams greed to me.

[/QUOTE]

Around here if you donate to Goodwill - if your donated items are name brand - they research the brand and sell it for 50% off the original price. If you donate $100 pair of pants - they sell them for $50.00 - that just screams greed to me.
[/QUOTE]

Oh that's crazy!! Our Salvation Army shop sells things very reasonable.

Right now i am good but i am hoping to get the next surgery and get rid of all my 2x and up. With that said i would have to buy new clothes. Wow i would not know how to act to buy xl or even a large

But on the donating i always find someone in need or diy

My WL program used to have "truck trades" once a month, where patients could meet up and hopefully get a few items from someone who had your next size down. I was really looking forward to that but then .. covid. I think it's so important to donate your clothing, especially if you have business attire, if you are financially able. I agree with Tracey and tend to look for places that don't resell at all such as local homeless/womens shelters, youth homes etc. Goodwill, SA and clothing donation boxes all resell your donations.

My son and I volunteer at a soup kitchen once a month and they take clothes as well, which are distributed free of charge. I dropped off one batch a few months ago, and I'm getting ready to unload some more. One good thing about having lost weight several times in the past is that I still have clothes that I can wear on my down the scale! At some point I'll need new clothes, but there is some satisfaction in wearing clothes I bought a few years ago, but then had to put away because I outgrew them.

Back