• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings and Salutations

Hello,
I am new to this Support Group (any support group for that matter) I live in south central Kentucky. I have done very well since surgery with weight loss and tolerating foods, etc. It has been nearly 6 months since surgery and I know that the next 6 months (or next 50 lbs) will not be as easy as the past have been. I've joined a gym and really enjoy aqua aerobics. I do have some health issues, including fibromyalgia and asthma which cause limitations.
I'm looking forward to "Meeting" all of you and hearing your stories. :D
Sincerely,
Lynn

Hi Groggyfroggy,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your excellent success since surgery. I will be 3 months out on the 10th. I am having a slow start of it and will be calling the nut tomorrow to get tips and pointers from her. I too have asthma but, I have been doing ok with it. I get in my exercise daily but, I am still having issues getting in all of my protein and calories. The nurse navigator said that my body is in starvation mode. I will get it together. Once again welcome to the forum.

TillieS

Hello,
I am new to this Support Group (any support group for that matter) I live in south central Kentucky. I have done very well since surgery with weight loss and tolerating foods, etc. It has been nearly 6 months since surgery and I know that the next 6 months (or next 50 lbs) will not be as easy as the past have been. I've joined a gym and really enjoy aqua aerobics. I do have some health issues, including fibromyalgia and asthma which cause limitations.
Sincerely,
Lynn

Hi Lynn, WELCOME to the Forum!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your successful weight loss!!! :) You're doing really great!

I am 10 months post op and so glad I decided to have bariatric surgery. It was a long road to this point in time for me but so worth it!

Glad you are joining our group. :)

Cheyenne

Hello,
Sincerely,
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

In so many ways we are the same. I started at 290. My surgery was on 11/4/2013 a couple of weeks before you. Yes, the first 6 months went easily.

Now, the weight loss has slowed but it continues.

My goal is under 200. I didn't state a weight. I am thinking somewhere between 185 - 195 would be fine.

This is based on what the body wants to do.

You are doing terrific.

Ralph

Hi Lynn,
My name is Cathy. I am also new. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I am doing this right! My computer skills are limited! I had my surgery in November of 2013. I have lost 90 lbs since then. I am at a bad place right now. I am terrified to gain weight and think about
food constantly. Not eating it though! I am from the Pacific Northwest. Maybe you can help me.

Hello,
Sincerely,
Lynn

Hi Groggyfroggy: Welcome to the forum I am also new I am so happy for your progress you seem to be doing fine congrats on your success.

Joygirl55:cool:

Back